Thursday, 12 March 2015

Pit Stop #2 -Mac&Cheese Week Continues

I love food themed weeks in Montreal, it gives you a little extra motivation to get you butt to a restaurant that has always been on your "I gotta eat here" list.  It's also a great way to discover new restaurants.  So my second stop in my mac&cheese week happened to be

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-EVOO

How have I never been to EVOO before?! it's such a nice place, I definitely need to re-visit.

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-EVOO-1

Obviously, I was only interested in

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-EVOO-menu

What drew me to EVOO was their homemade pasta, there is just something about fresh homemade pasta, the extra bounce in each bite is like pure joy. Each bite EVOO's mac&cheese was delicious, how can you go wrong with gaspar bacon, fontina and parmesan cheese? I must admit that I'm not the biggest fan of parmesan cheese, but I couldn't even taste it.   The best part was that by the end of my mac&cheese you did not feel the need to be rolled home.

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-EVOO-2

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-EVOO-3

By the end of it, I was so tempted to order a second mac&cheese, but I restrained myself and ordered dessert instead. Hazelnut cake with homemade maple flavored ice cream.

Mac-Cheese-Week-Mtl-EVOO-Dessert-Haleznut-cake

I was told to save the smoked cedar leaf for the end,  if you ever order this dessert, you must follow the directions because it was just such an unexpected explosion of flavors in my mouth.  I don't even know how to describe it, it tasted like a piece of minty smoked candy.  Is that even possible?

Can I fit in a 3rd mac&cheese?

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment