Sunday, 4 January 2015

New Year, New Blog Series

Happy New Years!!! 2014 flew by super fast.  Since it's a new year we figured we should introduce a new blog series: "One X item, 2 sisters".  I don't know how frequent this series will be since it depends on the presence of Lily, when she starts school again it maybe bit more difficult.  As sisters, we should be raiding each other closets and sharing our clothes, but we have a small problem.      1) we have completely different styles.  Our mom is always telling Lily to wear my hand me downs, but she absolutely refuses.  Lily is quite selective with my hand me downs.  2) We're not really the same size, therefore there are very few items we can really share.

But there are a few things that we can share, so we figured it would be a fun series to see how we each style the item differently.

Our first blog post will be ..."One Jacket, Two Sisters"


Lily spotted this chevron printed denim jacket from Free People.  I was initially on the fence about it, but this jacket has some how magically made it into my closet.

Since this denim jacket is a little more on the casual side, I like use it to make my outfits look more casual.  I often pair it with my dressy jogging pants.  What dressy jogging pants!? You'll see in the pic about what I mean about it.  




Theses are dress pants with a racer stripe running down the side of them. I'm not sure what these are called, so if you know what they're called please comment below.  Every time I wear these to work, people are like why are you wearing jogging pants to work? I'm constantly replying: These are dress pants not jogging pants!"


I love how the stripe looks like paint strokes.


I often pair these pants with causal tops and a statement necklace.


Jacket: Free People
Necklace: BCBGmaxazria
Top: Club Monaco
Pants: Club Monaco
Shoes: Coach

Now for Lily's play on the Free People denim jacket:


Lily has more of a completely more casual take with this jacket.  Her often go to outfit is a baggy sweater and black leggings (FYI, this sweater use to be mine. For years she complained about it and now she has stolen it from my closet).


Lily is not big on jewelry, but she is into  other accessories such as hats and big scarfs.  She's currently having a hat moment and attempting to build a hat collection.

 
Although her outfits are more casual, she is never too dull, there is always a pop of detailing somewhere. This time it was the stud detailing on her ankle boots.




Jacket: Free people
Hat: Forever 21
Scarf: Forever 21
Sweater: vintage
Leggings: Forever 21
Boots: BCBG Generation

♥ Viv&Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment