Sunday, 14 December 2014

Update...I Wore It!

Remember when I started a series "I Have No Idea Where I'm Wearing This To But I Bought it", click here for the post.

Well it wasn't so much a series, since so far I only have one post about it, but it will definitely turn into a series once Lily (AKA the photographer) returns from school and the weather warms up!

But just to refresh your memory, this was the outfit I really didn't have any where to wear it to. But I did!


I wore it my first work x-mas party of the season.

Usually, I don't dress too casual nor do I go all out for x-mas party, but I do attempt to dress for that occasion. Since this x-mas party involves some sort of mandatory dancing I figure I probably can get away with this outfit. Not too casual, the the flared peplum top not only dresses it up but it adds a festive flair to the look.


The only thing I did was  switched out the accessories and shoes. I switched out the fluorescent necklace for a gold mutli-strand necklace with gold coin details and the sky high Miu Mius for slightly lowered Jason Wu strappy booties.



The necklace is in deed kinda of heavy.  For short term wearing it's not so bad, but towards the end of the night, I was definitely feeling the weight on my neck.

These Jason Wu strappy booties, are much more heel height dancing appropriate. I wore these for the first time at the x-mas party and was deathly afraid that I made the biggest mistake. But they went so well with the outfit.  Turns out they were quite comfy!

Clutch wise, I used this House of Harlow clutch.  And no it's not made from human hair...yes my co-worker asked me that. It's made with pony hair.  Although it looks deceptively room, it's not.  It doesn't open very wide, but it's roomy enough for me to fit my essentials.

Top: Elizabeth and James Jill Peplum
Jeans: J Brand
Shoes: Jason Wu
Clutch: House of Harlow
Necklace: BCBG Maxazria


♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment