Sunday, 23 November 2014

What Does One Wear to Comiccon?

A friend had invited me to check out comiccon this year,  I'm not a fanatic about anything comic book related, but have always been curious about it so why not. I'll be brutally honest, compared to the die hard fans who actually show up to comiccon I can't even call myself a fan.  These people live and breath these comics, TV shows, and cartoons.  It was definitely a surreal experience, everyone should at least experience it once in their life.

My biggest dilemma, what to wear? I was already expecting people to be whipping out their costumes.  I just wasn't expecting them to be so elaborated.  That's the one thing I liked about comiccon, it's the one place you could dress up as your favorite character and there would be no comments or judgments.

I on the other hand had no costume. I don't even own any sort of T-shirt with a superhero on it.  If I knew Pikachu was still a thing, I would have borrowed Lily's Pikachu back pack!

So I decided something not too trendy or fashionable would probably be the safest bet.



I opted for a denim blouse, a military jacket, black pants, and combat like boots. Usually when I go to events I prefer to be hands free, so I often opt for a cross body bag.



I usually avoid buying any celebrity clothing line, but I picked up this Pac Sun top by Kylie and Kendall at Lily's request, and I have to admit it has come in quite handy.




Combat boots, really wasn't my thing, I really didn't think it was my style, but I picked these combat boots at my favorite sample  sale for practically nothing and I have been living in them ever since.


Of course I had to add a little bling, I think this necklace fit the occasion quite well, don't you think?

What I wore:
Jacket: G-Star
Blouse: Pac Sun by Kylie and Kendall
Pants: BCBG Maxazria
Bag: Coach
Boots: Nylo
Necklace: BCBG Maxazria
Sunglasses: Fendi

Things I learned at Comiccon:

  1. It's not just about comic books, it includes practically anything from video games, comics, TV shows, and cartoons. Hulk Hogan and Danny Glover were there. I don't see the connection they have with Comiccon, but they were there for an autograph/photograph session. This is what I mean by anything and everything goes.
  2. The majority of people in attendance take this stuff really serious. I grew up with a lot of these shows but that's pretty much where my fascination ends. I wish I was that passionate about certain stuff. 
  3. Bring a snack, I learned this the hard way. Seasoned comiccon goers have a backpack full of snacks!
  4. If you can't figure out where the costume comes from, it's probably inspired by leagues of legends. 


   ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment