Sunday, 21 September 2014

#MyCosmoStyle Blog Challenge (AKA Fantasy Vegas Trip)

Vegas.com recently contacted me to participate in the #mycosmostyle blog challenge. The premise of the #mycomstyle blog challenge is basically how would I dress if  I spent a day at the Comsopolitan hotel.  This challenge couldn't have come at a better time.  Last year I spent a week in Vegas, where CW and I basically hit up every hotel on the strip and profiled what type of guests would be checking in. 

We decided that the Cosmopolitan hotel is where the young trendy people with some extra disposable income would be the typical customers.  Because the moment you step into the Cosmopolitan it just oozes luxury.
 
You're greeted by this huge crystal installation the moment you walk in, in fact everywhere you turn there is some type of crystal details.


As with all hotels in Vegas, you can basically shop, gamble, party, lie by the pool, and dine all in one place without really leaving the hotel. Oh did I forgot to mention, you can also get hitched too.

First up shopping, the Cosmopolitan definitely had more of trendy stores like All Saints.



I'm definitely having a moment with dress shorts this summer. Plus you can easily transition shorts from day to night. When shopping, I usually like to dress the least cumbersome and the most comfortable as possible but yet stylish. Basically something that will keep away the chill of the blasting AC, let me try something on without having to go in the changing room when I'm feeling too lazy, and of course shoes that will let me walk for prolong period of time.



Shopping

1. Express chain necklace, 2.  Cameo Rose V neck crop top, 3. Proenza Schouler high waisted shorts, 4. Converse shoes, 5. Gucci Black purse, and 6. J crew long sleeve shirt


After working up an appetite from shopping, I'd hit up one of the restaurants in the Cosmopolitan for dinner. When packing for vacations, I always make sure I pack items that I can mix and match and make multiple outfits out of.  Keeping the Proenza Schouler shorts and the Cameo Rose V neck crop top, I would swap out everything.

Untitled #3

In my opinion, the best way to add a pop of color to an all black outfit is a  nice colored shoe! 

And of course, when in Vegas, you can always get hitched at the Pop-Up wedding Chapel.



If I ran into my celebrity husband, we of course would seize the moment and get married at the pop-up wedding chapel.  My spontaneous wedding outfit of course would need to go with the theme, nothing too formal since of course pictures will include this giant log bench. A little rustic and whimsical at the same time.

 
 Rustic and whimsical screams lace to me and of course another colored shoe is needed! Where else can you get away with a cocktail length wedding dress?

Untitled #4

No comments:

Post a Comment