Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Currently Coveting

I know some girls love to switch out their hand bags on a weekly bases if not daily.  On a regular bases, I'm personally just too lazy to do it. For special occasions or if I'm going out for dinner I'll make the effort, but on a daily bases I'm really just too damn lazy.   Plus I always find I forget the one item I need that day in the other bag once I make the switch.

This whole summer I have basically been toting around a Kate Spade bag I picked up in NY maybe like 4 years ago. When I have quick errands to run, I switch into a cross body bag, that is as far as my effort goes.   I have a plethora of hand bags just sitting in my closet,  so this year I decided instead of buying standard handbags, I'll save my pennies and get a designer bag.

I finally set my eyes on the Givenchy Nightingale Satchel


Photo courtesy of Barneys


 I have already decided I want a medium size version of the Nightingale Satchel in classic color; black or a brown.  The thing I love about designer bags is that their style is classic and timeless.  They have the same bags every season, the only thing that changes is the color.

If I do the math using the cost/wear equation the Nightingale Satchel is well worth it's price tag.  As far as I can tell price varies depending on the type of leather.  I know I definitely don't want lamb skin since it's so delicate.  Maybe goatskin? Hell I have no idea what the different types of leather are.

So if you guys know which leather is the durable and not prone to scratches please let me know in the comments below.

I'm currently coveting the Givenchy Nightingale Satchel

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment