Sunday, 6 July 2014

Bi-Annual Empties

What has been monthly empties post has become like quarterly empties and now it has become bi-annual empty post because I basically suck at finishing beauty products.  After watching hours of you tube videos,  I have come to the realization that I basically don't slap enough product on my face.

So after 6 months this is what I pretty much managed to finish.  I know it's pretty pathetic.




First up, the skin care + everything else besides make up products.  Most of these are repeat products so there so I won't talk about those.

First up, the REN Evercalm gentle cleansing milk. My skin was misbehaving during our harsh winter, and I was in desperate need of a gentle cleanser.  This is indeed a very gentle cleanser, does not leave your skin feeling striped.  But I love about this is that it doesn't even sting your eyes. I would definitely purchase this again.

Ole Henriksen seems to be one of the preferred brands, however I really did not like the Afrian red tea foaming cleanser.  My skin felt completely striped and dried after using it.  I was tempted to toss it but I want to preserve and finish it. I will definitely not repurchase this again

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser.  I completely hated this, it definitely did not foam, and it felt like I was washing my face with dish soap.  I will also definitely not be repurchasing this.

REN micro-polish cleanser, I really enjoyed this sample.  I think I'll pick up a full size tube at the next Sephora beauty event.

Now onto the beauty products, I must warn you, this is pretty sad


Buxom lipgloss, I really enjoy the Buxom lipglosses. They're hydrating and not too sticky, I love layering them over lipsticks.  I would really like to purchase a full size tube, but I'm pretty sure I won't finish it.  Maybe I'll purchase the holiday set.

Dior Mascara, this pretty much dried out in my make up bag, so I really don't have an opinion on it.

Tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 mascara.  I really enjoyed this. It almost became my holy grail non-waterproof mascara. It really does lengthen and volumize your lashes but it kinda of does smear on humid days.  So I probably won't be purchasing a full size tube,

Dr. Jart BB cream, I picked this up on a whim, while waiting to pay for my purchase at the mini bar.  We all know that Sephora mini is a genius marketing trap.  I initially like it, but towards the end I hated.  It comes out as a neutral skin tone color with a greyish tint.  It adjusts to your skin tone, however I just hated the feel of it on my skin.  Even though it provided decent coverage, it felt caked on.  So I don't think I will be re-purchasing this

L'Oreal Voluminous False fibre mascara, I had high hopes for this drug store mascara.  Really thought it would replace my fairy drop mascara, however this fell really really short.  It definitely was not voluminous what so ever.  I will definitely not be re-purchasing this.

♥ Viv 

No comments:

Post a Comment