Sunday, 4 May 2014

A Sample Sale worth Passing up

Last weekend was the Vince Camuto sample sale.  I think this is the second time I caught wind of this sale, the first time I really wanted to go since their ad had said all shoes were $25, but I had just gotten back from vacation and was burning up with fever.  When I spotted it this year I was like yes!





This sale had a mix of shoes, clothing, and hand bags, but I was just interested in the shoes.  For me Vince Camuto shoes are either a hit or a miss.  They can really be great or they can be over the top tacky.  All the shoes were $40. 


As you can tell from the pics, there are barely any shoes that caught my eye.  There were a few hidden gems, but the main problem was that 99% of the shoes had holes drilled into the sole.  Yes, people, you read that correctly, the shoes all had holes in the sole!

Do, you see the hole!

At first, I thought it was just a couple of pairs, but practically every single pair that I picked up had a hole. I asked a worker and he explained that they on purposely drilled holes into the shoes to identify them as samples.  But don't worry we fill the whole with silicone, so they're good as new. The first thought that popped into my head, was seriously?  I'm sure there are other ways of marking a shoe as a sample besides drilling a hole! especially a hole in the sole.  Apparently it didn't bother some people, because they were buying them regardless.  That or they didn't noticed the hole. 

I wasn't too interesting in the clothing, and the bags were not worth it at $150 a pop.  You can probably catch them on sale for less at the bay.

This sale has definitely been marked off list. 

♥ Viv   

No comments:

Post a Comment