Saturday, 5 April 2014

Re-Hauling my Skin Care Routine

I don't know what is going on with my skin lately but it has been a freaking mess.  I don't if it was due to constant fluctuation in the temperature or if my skin suddenly decided to reject all my previous skin care loves, because my skin was a dry flaky mess.  To the point where every type of foundation I was used clung onto it for dear life. I tried every type of mask I owned including manual exfoliation in attempt to slough off the dry skin.  But no luck...


The Sephora Beauty event couldn't have rolled around at a better time.  I decided to re haul my skin care routine à la  Lisa Eldridge style.    I swapped out pretty much everything for a much more gentle regimen, and my skin couldn't have been happier. My dry flakiness practically went away instantaneously.

I swapped out my Shu Uemura cleansing oil for the REN Rosa Centifolia  No.1 Cleansing balm.  What I love about the cleansing balms is the fact that they are easier to manipulate and a lot less messy compared to a cleansing oil.

I swapped out my Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser for the REN Everclam Gentle cleansing milk.  I suspect that the Ole Henriksen cleanser may be the culprit for my dry skin.

Instead of my Shu Uemura moisturizer, I have using the REN Vita Mineral Emollient Rescue Cream.  The name of this product is dead on, it definitely rescued my skin!  This product takes a little getting use to, of course reading the directions would have also helped.   The first time I used it, I slapped it on my face and was like boy this product takes a lot of work to spread it around my face. Turns out you are suppose to warm up the product in the palm of your hands then apply it to your face.

♥ Viv   




No comments:

Post a Comment