Saturday, 22 March 2014

Is it Worth the Hype?

It's been a while since I have posted a Is it Worth the Hype kinda of post, but lately I feel like I have re-entered puberty or something. My skin is having random breakouts, when these breakouts starting becoming a little more routine, I quickly ran out to the pharmacy and picked up a tube of the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo.


The La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is like a cult hit in the beauty blogging sphere.  Practically everyone who has written about it loves it and most boast about it as their go to when their skin is misbehaving.



I had high hopes for this product...and I was kinda of disappointed to be honest.  I have been using it for about a 1 month and a half and my honest opinion, it kinda of works.  In my experience, I never saw an instant result.  I found it works best on little surface pimples, especially if you can apply it at the start of the formation of a pimple (does that make sense? but I'm sure you guys know what I mean).  For deeper  ones, I found that it was not so effective, I had one troublesome pimple on my cheek and I had been slathering on the Effaclar Duo on it for like 4 weeks before it went away.  And one of the things that bothered me the most was the crazy dry patches of skin I would get, and this is with only one application daily.  Initially I thought the dry patches of skin was due to our bizarre weather, constantly going from the warm to the cold. One day it would be mild and the next day it would drop to like -40.  But then I realized that most of my dry spots were located where I had applied the Effaclar Duo. And these were pesky dry spots that I had an insanely hard time getting rid of.

B had told me that the Effaclar Duo had recently been reformulated, so would I have had a better experience with the old formulation?

End result: Not worth the hype

♥ Viv 



No comments:

Post a Comment