Monday, 10 February 2014

My latest obsession..Rag & Bone



If you follow me on instagram, you may have known that I managed to snag a pair of shoes I have been coveting.  I initially spotted the Rag & Bone Harrow booties on Pinterest, and it was love at first sight.



Chloë Moretz' Rag & Bone Harrow Booties
Image courtesy of redcarpet-fashionaward


Until I saw the price, I knew they were not going to be cheap, but I was not expecting them to retail for $495.



I debated a while about splurging on this pair of booties, to the point where I even passed up a $100 rebate from Holts, instead I used that rebate and spent $400 on beauty products.  Am I the only one who has to debate spending a large chuck of change on one item, but when it comes to multiple products that accumulate to pretty much the same price, no problem?

I know there are much cheaper look a-likes flooding the market, but to me, it just wasn't the same.  The Harrow booties kept lingering in my mind to the point where I was stalking them at Holts hoping they would go on sale.  It didn't help that these booties were popping up on several fashion blogs as well.  On boxing day I even ditched Lily and ran to Holts to see if they were on sale.  No luck, pretty everything but the Rag & Bone shoes were on sale (that email was a lie!).

Then for some odd reason, a couple of weeks after the post holiday sales, I decided to go to Bath&Body works to pick up some hand soap.  Yes, you read that correctly, I was attracted to the mall by hand soap. In my defense Bath&Body works was having a sale 10 bottles for $25.  As we were leaving for some strange reason I decided to stop by Aritzia, I usually never shop at Aritzia,it really isn't my style.  But it must have been faith because I spotted the Rag & Bone Kinsey booties, which eventually lead me to the Harrow booties.
 
I initially wanted the Harrow booties in black, but when I tried them on they were kinda of blah on me, plus the black pair were much more expensive. The black ones were only discounted about 20%, where as the camel ones were discounted by 40%.

Luv the contrast between the leather straps and the shoe itself
But who really needs a black pair when you have the dark brown kinsey pair?

Kinsey booties

Yes,GUILTY, I purchased both the Kinsey and Harrow Rag & Bone Booities. The Kinsey ones were 60% off, it was practically 2 for the price 1!!! I spotted the new colors of these booties being released for the spring at Holts and the prices have been inflated by $100 each!


(L) Harrow (R) Kinsey booties
I read reviews online that these Rag & Bone booties are made small and you should size up half a size.  For me this was very true for the Kinsey pair.   I sized up half a size, as for the Harrow pair, it was a little strange, I remember trying the right foot in a size 37 on at Holts and it was a little tight.  But at Aritizia, the 37 was perfect on the right foot and a little snug on the left but not uncomfortable tight.  So I bought the 37's , I didn't really have a choice, they were the last pair, I'm sure the nubuck will stretch out a bit.


  ♥ Viv



No comments:

Post a Comment