Sunday, 8 December 2013

Crazy in Sephora

I really would have not bought a single beauty product in the month of November if it wasn't for the Sephora VIB event and the fact that it happened to coincide with me being in the US.  Lower prices, less taxes, and 20% off, how could I really say no. But I may have gone a little crazy in Sephora during that event, because I was bumped up to the Rouge VIB level (a level I never expected to reach!).



I knew I was going to Boston in Nov for a conference, but when I found out that the Sephora VIB event was at the same time I started making my list and trying to plot my route to Sephora. Turns out there is a mall attached to the Conference center and it had a Sephora...Jackpot!

I ended up spending $332.14 but I picked up things for Lily and CW, so technically it wasn't all for me.

I managed to snag all of my items on my wishlist, my purchases:

  • Glam Glow gift set: I was always intrigued by this mask, but never pulled the trigger in purchasing it because of it's hefty price tag in Canada, so I snatched one up in the US.  It was love after one use, my skin was soft like a baby's butt.
  • Tarte's 360 degree creaseless primer: I'm in the market for a new eye primer, I love the TF one, but I wanted to try something new. I have only used it a handful of times, but so far I'm liking it.
  • Dior BB cream: Bloggers have been ranting and raving about this BB cream, and when a MA at Holts slapped some on my face, I knew I had to pick one up.
  • UD Naked Palette: To be honest I was on the fence about this product, but after reading Lil Lady's Life post on it I was swayed. I'm not a fan of UD, for some reason I just don't feel the same about their products as practically every other beauty blogger, I have dabbled into a few of their products, but nothing has really blown me away. But this palette literally has the perfect combination of matt colors.  I do have to mention that the shadow quality is a bit on the powdery side for my liking but with the colors and price point I picked this up at, I'm willing to suck it up.
  • Dior Lipglow: OMG, this was another product that was love at first sight after the MA Holts slapped it on my face.  I love this product so much I picked up 3 of them to share with Lily and CW.  This product is for all the girls out there who don't like wearing lip sticks, it is a balm that enhances your natural lip color. 
  • Hourglass ambient lighting palette: How could I not pick this up.
  • Boscia blotting paper
  • Hello Kitty blotting paper: it was $3, how could you really go wrong with that?
As for Lily's wishlist, I managed to also snag everything she wanted.

  • Taylor Swift's perfume: I'm usually not a fan of any celebrity makeup/perfume/clothing line but I have to admit this smells pretty good.
  • Benefit brow gel: this has been receiving rave reviews online, but it does take some getting use to. A light touch is definitely a must!
 One more month til the end of 2013, hopefully I can walk away without spending on anything beauty related

 ♥ Viv



No comments:

Post a Comment