Monday, 18 November 2013

May, June, July, Aug, Sept, and Oct Empties

This is how behind I am in my empties post, and to be brutally honest, I wasn't getting through as much product as I thought I would have during the summer.  I hit pan on a few products, but they still linger on. Am I the only one who feels like once you hit pan on a product, it just takes eons to finish it?



The body/hair products


For the most part, you guys already know how I feel about  these products. The only thing new is the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray. Which I did not like, and took me forever to get through it. I feel like I need I need to venture away from Bath and Body works products. But their bi-annual sales are too good to resist.

The face products


Again, most of these products are repeats, the only 2 I'll really talk about is the Shu Uemura White recovery Ex Instant spot brightener and the Kiehl's Epidermal Re-texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion.  If anyone needs a brighter to fix dark spots, the Shu Uemura White recovery Ex instant spot brightener is your baby.  This baby really works. It works so well that Lily stole it from me and I would literally see it smeared all over her face! Since we're Asian, we have the tendency to hyper-pigment and I have never found a brightener that works so well.  You practically instantly see results after a few days.  I already have and would repurchase this again. Only down side is that it's quite pricey.

I had received a sample of the Kiehl's Epidermal Re-texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion.and liked it enough to purchase a full tube of it, but as time went on, I kinda found that it wasn't as effective as when I first bought. I found that the product kinda felt like it degraded over time. So I probably won't be purchasing this.

The make up products:



You guys already know that I give thumbs up to the Boscia blotting papers and Annabell lipstain.
  • MUFE HD foundation: I bought it because it receive some hype in the beauty blogging world, but I wasn't a fan of it. Decent coverage but made me slick up like an oil patch. Not sure why I didn't returned it instead I tried to pawn it off on Lily, but it just sat on her shelf until I decided to finish it off for once and for all. Would I re-purchase it? No.
  • Shu Uemura face powder matt: I actually quite enjoyed this product and even considered re-purchasing it, but I think  due to it's sheer size of it after I finished it I was like I'm ready to try something else (this baby lasted me about 3 years!). It was great at keeping my skin matt for about 5 hours, but nothing a little blotting and a little touch up couldn't fix. Would I re-purchase it? Probably.
  • Giogrio Armani Blushing fabric second skin blush: I purchased this because the SA sold me on the idea that this was a multi-purpose product. I could use it on my cheeks and my lips. As a lip product, it was too dry, and as a cheek product, it basically was slipping and sliding all over the place.  Definitely not ideal for someone with oil skin. Would I re-purchase it? Definitely a No.
  • Clinique eyeliner: It came as a part of a GWP, I probably should have tossed it years ago, but I didn't. It was alright, not the best, because I did experience some slipping and sliding on my lids during the warmer months. Would I purchase this? No.
This is all I manage to get through the last 6 months, pretty said I know and I just added a whole bunch of products!

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment