Sunday, 17 November 2013

Almost....

I almost did it, go two months without spending on any beauty products. The month of Sept I managed to spend $0, at the beginning of the Oct I spent $30 on one lipstick and when Oct was going buy, I was literally thinking, yes I only bought 1 beauty product!

But in reality this is what ended up happening:


I had a wedding the beginning of October , while I was getting my hair done, my hairstylist talked me into getting my makeup or just at least my eyes done at Annie Young Cosmetics. In my head I was thinking I  really shouldn't, I already spent enough getting ready for this wedding, I can do my own makeup.  As I was walking back to my car, I detoured and ended up at Annie Young Cosmetics. Where I left with this Belavance lipstick. FYI Annie Young did an amazing job and they seem like they offer a variety of services; I just need to find time to return.



I never heard of the brand, I'm so surprised that it was not on any beauty blogs.  All I know it's a French brand, and it is definitely the most moisturizing lipsticks I ever laid my hands on. And it does not result in my lips drying out and peeling (you all know what I'm talking about!). FYI, Annie Young Cosmetics is the only place that carries Kevin Aucoin beauty products in Montreal.

As October was wrapping up, I was super excited that all I managed to spend on any beauty products was $30, but then I received this in the mail from Holt Renfrew.

Spend at least $200 and save $100 off your purchase
 Initially, I was just not even going to bother with this promo offer from Holt Renfrew, but the more I thought about it, the more appealing it was.  It was the perfect opportunity to save some money while stocking up on some essentials. So on the last day of the promo, I went to the Holts with the idea that I was only going to spend $200 and save $100 (it's like 50% off).  In reality I left with this


It also really didn't help that the SA let me benefit from the promo starting the day after where I would get 15% of your purchase in the form of a GC from all beauty purchases. Plus she threw in all these freebies

The limited edition Princess tote for the Shu Uemura Holiday collection
I love Holt Renfrew, my wallet on the hand may not.

In the end I ended up spending $437-$100 = $337.

Let's not talk about what happen in November until December.

 ♥ Viv



No comments:

Post a Comment