Sunday, 23 June 2013

Sample Sale Pet Peeve

This Thursday I made a quick pit stop at the Editorial warehouse sale.  I have never been to the Editiorial warehouse sale, but since they advertised that I would be able to find brands such  House of Harlow 1960 by Nicole Richie, Adriano Goldschmied, J Brand, and Citiziens of Humanity among other brands I decided to stop by and check it out.

I really should have taken some pics, but lets just say I was less than impressed.  I don't know if it was because I stopped by the 2nd weekend of the sale, but I did not see any House of Harolw, Adriano Goldschmied, or Citizens of Humanity.  I did spot about 4 pairs of J Brand jeans, but everything else at the sale was a question mark to me.

My biggest pet peeve with this sale was that there was no try on's! What the hell, how the hell am I suppose to know if things fit let alone look good on me? Plus there were no mirrors in the whole entire place.  When I asked the SA she explained to be that if people try things on they may damage it, since the prices were so discounted you kinda of  know if it fits you or not?  (Even with the no try on rule, I spotted quite a few items that where damaged)

I understand that they want to reduced the number of damaged items, but at the same time it's a sample sale, most of the items there are overstock, some of the stock may have even been sitting there for years.

I did manage to snag this pair of shorts for $5.


This was a complete shot in the dark fit wise. Since I wasn't able to try it on, I did the whole wrap it around your neck trick. And to my surprise this really does work! This neck trick left me a little perplex, if one gains weight, does that mean that one's neck also gains weight?


To me, the prices weren't that discounted for a no try on rule. If everything was $5 fine, but if I'm going to pay $45 for a blouse, I better be able to try it on. Anyhow, I think the no try on rule only bothered me since people were leaving with armful of items.

 ♥ Viv




No comments:

Post a Comment