Saturday, 8 June 2013

Impulse purchase

A couple of weeks ago, I attended a sample sale that mainly sold items from the following brands: Winter Kate, House of Harlow, New Balance,and K-Way.






This is a hit and miss sample sale for me, I really tried to like Nicole Richie's clothing line, but it's a little too bohemian for me. Sometimes I'll stumble on a hidden gem, but it requires a lot of searching and a cramp office space.  By far, the shoes are the best deals at this sale, typically have shoes from House of Harlow, Rosegold, and Modern Vintage.  Price wise they range from $50-$80 depending on the brand and most of the time the shoes there are still on shelf at department stores.  I spotted a pair of sandals but walked away from them.  I would have walked away emptied handed but I kept seeing girls grabbing  all the House of Harlow clutches and it made me want one.  FYI, all the clutches were priced at $40.  I initially spotted this clutch


 Luv the stud details, hated the color.  So I walked away, prior to leaving the sale I made my way around the sale one last time and I spotted 2 girls asking for it in black (I think they were also iffy on the color, but one of their friends worked at the company and told them to ask for it in black). They bought 2 and a 3rd girl snapped up the remain black clutch that was in the stock room.  I took a chance and asked the sale girl if she had another one, and she did.  So I walked away with

House of Harlow Tilly Clutch

I still on the fence about, but I paid for it so it was minds to keep whether I liked it or not.  I technically don't have a black clutch so this would be ideal (see I'm trying to convince myself this was not a waste of $40).

On the plus side the clutch retails for roughly $218. This makes me feel slightly less guilty.


This sale happens twice a year, once in October and once in June.

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment