Monday, 13 May 2013

Wedding Bells

So this weekend was insanely fun! My sister was invited to a wedding and I got to be her plus one.


I was super excited to go because 1) I've never been to a non-Chinese wedding,  2) I got to wear this lovely dress that's been hiding in my closet since winter & 3) I get to eat yummy food. Not only were those my highlights of the wedding but I got to see the bride get into her lovely dress and OH MY GOD her dress is to die for. It was so cute, amazing, girly, sparkly, puffy and so on. Literally the list can go on but if I had to use one word to describe the dress it would be PERFECT! The ceremony was simple and lovely. And my sister got to be the Maid of Honor! After the ceremony, the bride and groom took pictures with their family and friends. There was an open bar (which I didn't go get anything to drink) and there were servers who walked around the place with yummy little snacks like crab puffs, salmon with cream cheese on a soft pita and so on (I'm so sad that I didn't get to taste everything :( ). Once the pictures were done and everyone chit-chatted with each other, we then all shifted back to the room to be seated for our first dish. The food was amazing and tasty. After the meal course, we all did a little bit of dancing and honestly I was in pain. Heels and me do not mix well but I give props to the bride who was in her heels all night, from dancing to taking more pictures to stopping at every table. After more dancing and chit-chatting/mini breaks we then shifted back to the dance floor to catch the bride's bouquet. And who got the bouquet...... I DID!! So I guess I'll be the next one who is going to get married! Haahha. I wish it was Saturday again so I can relive the whole event. I honestly LOVE weddings and I hope my sister takes me to another one.


The beautiful dress!




Here comes the Bride!

Wongsters

The moment I caught the bouquet


Congratulations to the lovely bride and groom!
♥ Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment