Sunday, 19 May 2013

The Wedding OOTDs

As you can tell from Lily's post, we attended a wedding last weekend.  I had no idea she would be so excited, I knew she really wanted to come with me as my plus one and I really glad I brought her, she was an extra pair of hands on that day.  

I love and hate going to weddings; I love them because you get to witness such a joyous occasion and of course there is typically good food and great company. What I hate about them is finding the appropriate outfit. Especially if it's an Asian wedding, because that requires an outfit changes.  Yes, you are reading this correctly, typically there is an outfit change for the guest as well in Asian wedding.  Any Asian people reading this, completely know what I'm talking about, I swear I'm not making this up.

Thank god this was a non-Asian wedding, I was determined not to run out and buy a new dress.





The challenge was find something in my closet, I have tons of dresses that have accumulated due to Asian weddings and random boxing day impulse purchases. Since this was completely a different group of friends, I would assume that it was safe to repeat one of those dresses. Except for the fact that  social media has basically made it impossible to re-wear the same dress again.  I know this sounds incredibly vain, who cares that you wore the same dress again, but there is nothing worst than running into someone who says "oh I love your dress, is that the same dress  you wear to person X's wedding? I saw the pics on FB)

Plus, I blame this  mentality partially on my mom, I had 2 options, one she immediately vetoed because I already wore to someone else's wedding.

My OOTD:


  • Dress: BCBG
 Now for the accessories:


  • Shoes: Pierre Hardy (These were a lot more comfortable second time around)
  • Clutch: BCBG MAXAZRIA
  • Necklace: BCBG MAXZRIA (Impulse purchase on boxing day, thank god, I knew it would come in handy one day).
Lily's OOTD:

  • Dress: BCBG off the runway (she spotted on boxing day and really wanted, my response: "where are you wearing that to?")
The accessories:


  • Shoes: Badgley Mischka
  • Clutch: BCBG MAXAZRIA
  • Earrings: BCBG MAXZRIA ( also an impulse purchase on boxing day)
Somehow, I ended up with all silver toned accessories and Lily with  gold toned accessories.

 ♥ Viv & Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment