Friday, 12 April 2013

March Empties

I know April is practically over, but lately I have been bring work home trying to get as much done prior to leaving on vacation in about 2 weeks. So without further delay...My March Empties


Sorry about the badly lite photos, I was taking pics when I woke up and I didn't realize how dark it was with my morning eyes.

First up the makeup products. I must say I have being trying really hard to stick with the makeup bag theory.  It really does work, I managed to finish 3 makeup products


A blush from the Sephora palette:   Some of the Sephora products are amazing others are just ok; and this blush fell into the latter category. It was ok, nothing life changing, just ok. Since it was part of a palette, I don't think I would repurchase a huge palette like this ever again.

Eyeshadow from the same Sephora palette: Same thoughts, it was ok, some of the colors were quite smooth, others were kinda of chunky and chalky. But this shimmery champagne was pretty decent.

Side Note: I really don't know why I purchased this palette.  I wanted it because of one specific color, but at the same time the Coastal Scent palette where all the rage and I wanted one.  I guess in my mind, this was as close to a Coastal Scent Palette I was ever going to get. To be honest, now that I look at this palette, I don't think I would ever use 50% of these colors. I'm not a makeup artist, I'm not the creative, and I don't go out to any places or events that would justify sparkle-sparkle-glittery eye-makeup.  As much as I think I can pull off certain looks, I'm much more comfortable in neutral/everyday makeup. I know what you guys are thinking, I could have just ordered it online, but living in Canada, it just wasn't worth it.

Annabelle LipStain (shade Mauvelous): This is my favorite shade out of the 3 I purchased; the stain lasted about 4-6 hours on my lips, the only thing I didn't like about was it's marker like applicator.  I literally felt like I was coloring in my lips.  You can see swatches here. I am honestly quite surprised by the quality of the Annabelle beauty products. For a drug store brand and especially if you can score some of these products at their bi-annual warehouse sale, they definitely give you a run for your money.  Would I repurchase this? I would, but I think they discontinued this product.  

Next up Skin Care:


 Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment gel: I painstakingly finished this.  This product really just didn't suit my skin.  Would I ever repurchase this? No. To this day I keep thinking that I could have saved myself $200 (No I did not spend $200 on an eye cream, I bought the face moisturizer as well). So I would definitely not repurchase this.

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes: I'm not a big fan of facial wipes, they do come in handy when you're just too lazy to wash your face. I haven't used another brand so I really have nothing to compare it to me, but these were just ok.  They didn't really remove my makeup so I don't think I would re-purchase these.

Miscellaneous:
 


I also managed to finish my winter perfume: Paco Rabanne Lady Millionaire. But I forgot to snap a pic. Just in the nick of time, spring has sorta of arrived.

Now products that I have tossed:





I really tried to use these products up, but when the texture and smell change, I think its time to toss them.  I have been using the Guerlain lipglosses on and off for the last 3 years? and I have no idea how much is left. I have tried the putting them in hot water and the product is suppose to sink down so you can see how much you really have left. But it didn't work. One was cracked and I didn't realize it, so it's been exposed to air for about year.  Now I know why some of my makeup was feeling a little sticky.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment