Monday, 8 April 2013

Is it Worth the Hype

If you follow my blog, you know I got my hands on these babies


The Real Technique Brushes by Samantha Chapman


I have been using these for the last 2 weeks and they seriously live up to all the hype they have received. 

And I can attest to the fact that most of the reviews about these brushes are pretty accurate.  I purchased all 3 sets: The traveler essential, core collection, and the starter set.  You technically don't need all three sets, but each set contained at least one of the brushes people are ranting and raving about.  Accidental or genius marketing ploy?


My favorite of the bunch: the bluffing brush, I have never achieve such flawless foundation look with such ease. It works well with liquid and powder foundation. The best part of, these brushes is the fact that they are super easy to clean, there is no struggling with getting the little bits and pieces of foundation that clings on the bristles. You guys know what I'm talking about.

The mutli-task brush from the traveler essential collection is also one of my favorites. It's fluffy and soft making it great for anything powder.

The traveler essential collection, does come with a flat foundation brush, which I was pleasantly surprised by.  I am not a fan of flat foundation brushes, previous experiences with other flat foundation brushes often left me with a streaky look and I often needed to buff them out.  I don't know if this flat foundation brush is a little more dense and fluffier compared regular flat foundation brushes, but there are no streaks.

The domed eyeshadow brush also lives up to it's hype, I can see why people would want this brush to be sold individual. I don't know how to describe it but it's like a hybrid of the MAC 217 and MAC 239, it's flat, but it's dome shape allows you to soften your eyeshadow.

Out of the starter set, I have really only used 2 of the brushes, the deluxe crease brush which toted as a cheaper version of the MAC 217 but I think it's too fat and stiff for that, but it does a pretty decent job at blending. I have yet to use it on any cream product, but the general consensus is that it's great with blending any cream product.

The base shadow brush looks tiny and meh, but I really think it packs a nice punch. I found it suited my needs to apply shadow to my crease without looking like a drag queen. It just be a me thing, but I find when I apply eyeshadow to my crease if I don't have the right brush, I get product everywhere.  For instance when I see beauty gurus use the MAC 217 brush to apply shadow to the crease on youtube tutorials, it looks amazing.  When I attempt to recreate the look, I look like a hot mess.

If you only had to limit yourself to only one set, I would probably get the travelers essential set, it contains the 3 brushes you'll probably get the most use out of. 

Is it worth the hype? 

Hell yes!
 

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment