Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Is it Worth the Hype?

I swear I'm like  the last person to jump on the beauty bandwagon. I feel like when I a new product has reach cult status in the beauty blogging world I don't run out to purchase it immediately.  Instead I choose to sit back and wait.  I don't know if it's me subconsciously  trying to be frugal? Hey remember I'm trying to keep my spending down.  But a few weeks ago I had to pick up something in order to get free parking downtown, what better way then to spend a money at the drug store where I picked up 


The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lipstain (the Revlon Lip butter I had picked up a while ago, but just never blogged my thoughts about it)


I have to admit, I adore lipstains, they are they best way to keep some color on your lips throughout the day. Especially during meetings that involve eating.  For some reason I never got hooked on the Benetint by Benefit, but once I finished my Annabelle lipstain, I was able to justified the purchase of a new lipstain.  I actually wanted to pick up the one by The BodyShop, but the Revlom Kissable lipstain was on sale and I needed a purchase to get free parking. 

OMG, this is totally worth the hype it got on all the beauty blogs;  I instantly loved it on the first try. It didn't dry my lips out (I think that was one of the few complaints I read about online), it does smell like minty dental floss, but the best part was that the color pretty much last all day (mine you it does fade, but it gives my lips a light tint).  I apply it in the morning and don't even bother carrying it with me re-application purposes. The scientist in me, knows you guys would want prove. Here is photographic proof: Sorry about the grainy photos, but you get the idea.


I picked up the shade Smitten

Layered with Buxom White Russian lipgloss
Like my clothing philosophy, I like to layer a lipgloss over most of my lip products.

I had a Timmy's breakfast: breakfast sandwich, hash brown and coffee

Color is still visible, it has faded a bit, but what do you expect I had to wipe my mouth. I only touched up during the day with the Buxom lipgloss.


 The color has faded some more, but you can still detect a hint of smitten on my lips. I can only imagine that if I reapplied the kissable lipstain through out the day, the color would be much stronger.

The Revlon lip butters also lived up to its hype. It has been toted as a moisturizing lipstick with sheer but buildable color.  I tend to find that most lip products results in my lips peeling, but I was pleasantly surprised that this one did not. It is quite moisturizing and I actually find it quite pigmented.

L: Revlon Kissable lipstain in smitten; R: Revlon Lip Butter in berry smoothie

Both these products completely lived up to it's hype, I'm completely tempted to pick up more of these.

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment