Friday, 8 March 2013

First Impressions...Have I been living under a rock?

I feel like I just discovered powder foundation; I swear it's not the first time I have used powder foundation. I just did not realize how much coverage powder foundation actually provides until I started using my newly purchased MUFE Pro finish multi-use powder foundation.  Boy, I must have been really packing on the face products back in the day. I will admit it, I use to wear liquid foundation then set it with powder foundation, a tad overboard?

MUFE Pro Finish Multi-use powder foundation

This was a spur of the moment purchase, I really had my eye on the hour glass ambient lighting powder but the day I stepped into Sephora it had yet to be released in Canada, so I picked this up instead.  I really hesitant at first because I know B had used one of the MUFE powder foundation and she hated it. 

What attracted it me was the fact that this powder foundation can be used dry for coverage or wet for a sheerer look.  I know what you guys are thinking because I thought the exact same thing. Was it something along the lines of "What I can wet it and it won't dry to leave a crusty top layer?" You guys all know what I'm talking about right. Apparently MUFE Pro finish powder was designed to be used wet or dry, so it's not suppose to dry to leave a crusty top layer.  And it really doesn't!

Before water
After water, do you see the wet spot?
I actually tested it out, and it dries pretty quickly.  The wet spot starting drying before I could snap the pic! No crusty layer.

According to the Sephora website, the MUFE Pro Finish Powder is

"A multiuse powder foundation with a patent-pending formula that can be applied wet or dry for buildable coverage and a customized finish. 
Formulated with exclusive vegetal coated bio-mimetic pigments, this breakthrough formula lets you customize your foundation result. For a matte finish with full coverage, apply it dry. For a satin finish with sheer coverage, apply it wet. Pro Finish’s lightweight texture blends seamlessly with your natural skintone for a long-wearing, flawless complexion. Enriched with nourishing ingredients, it hydrates and soothes the skin for ultimate comfort. This versatile compact is perfect for on-the-go application as well as touch-ups throughout the day."

 I'm actually quite impressed by this, I have being using this daily since I purchased it and I love it.  Talk about cutting down my make up time in the morning. I slap on some of my Shu Uemura UV under base, dab on some concealer and throw this on top. The coverage is pretty amazing, doesn't look powdery and best of all, it does a pretty good job at keeping my oil in check.

First Impression: Definitely impressed!
 
Seriously, why have I never just used powder foundation on it's own? 

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment