Saturday, 12 January 2013

The Last Purchases Have Trickled In

These online purchases, I swear are the last purchases from my after x-mas sale spree. Online shopping in Canada currently will never live up to the online shopping of our neighbors down south: the US. But there are a couple of sites I do order online from, and these purchases all came from the Bay (no surprise there).


I'm not a fan of online shopping, because I like to have tried on the item or at the very least touched it.  Things may look very pretty on the site but on me it could be a completely different story. Plus the downside of Canadian online shopping is that very few stores offer free shipping and returns.  The Bay however offers free shipping on orders over $45 if you purchase with your HBC credit card, otherwise its free shipping with purchases over $90.  Best part; returns can be done in person at any Bay store, which is a lot more easier than re-packing and dropping off at the post office. 

So here are the purchases:

Tofino Sorel Boots
I know I already purchased a new pair of winter boots, but those who have experienced a Canadian Winter will understand how useful these are.  They are definitely very true to size, typically I'm a size 7 but I ordered a half a size bigger, because I felt that with the 7's my toes were touching the tip of the toe box (on my left side anyways) which would not be too comfy if you're walking in them for long periods of time.

My next pair, I know Lily will definitely call me out of them, but I realized how useful they would be.

 Mel's tangerine bow pumps
I use to be against the MEL shoes, my thoughts "plastic shoes are for kids", but after ruining X pairs of shoes in the summer thanks to those unexpected rainy days.  I realize that these will be a lot easier to tote around than rain boots. Say good bye to those days where I have to contemplate whether or not I should take my rain boots.  You all know what I'm talking about.Plus after all the discounts they were only $20, you can't really go wrong.

Joie Bright Fire High Heel Bootie
 These caught my eye as I browsed the Bay site, I was on the market for a pair of more casual ankle booties.  Unfortunately they only had a size 7.5 left, so I took a chance.  I never brought a pair of shoes from Joie, so I'm not quite sure about the fit.  These fit, maybe a little loose, but I think I can get away with it with an insole.  I can already picture all the outfits I can make with these!

Thanks to thebay.com I was able to avoid crowds of people who descended on the shoe department on boxing day. I did not have to fight my way to a pair of sorels, all I had to do was click a few buttons!


 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment