Tuesday, 29 January 2013

First Impressions

I swore I would never spend so much on a tube of mascara.  I always believed that drug store brands were just as good if not better (well at least a lot better for your wallet).  My ultimate favorite drug store mascara was the CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara, but it has to be orange tube. I tried the purple one and it was horrible.  Then I tried the L'Oreal telescopic explosion mascara and thought this is it, my HG.  Then, curiosity got the better of me, I kept seeing this at Sephora everything I stopped by.  I resisted temptation for a while and when the V.I.B event rolled by I caved and purchased the fairy drops mascara.


Fairy drops mascara was created by a Japanese TV personality Aya Yasuda who believed that the secret to making a great impression was the eyes. 
 
Fairy drops mascara claims to be not only water proof but sweat resistant as well, this is so true.  I put it to the ultimate test; wore it during my ballet class, an hour and thirty minutes of sweating later and it did not budge!  But the ultimate test was the eye rub.  Yes, I will admit it, I have a horrible tendency of rubbing my eyes throughout the day.  I know it is a terrible habit but I can't help it; and typically most of my mascara will end up on the palms of my hand.  With the Fairy drops mascara I barely saw any transfer!

The patented mascara wand
When I first saw the wand, my first thoughts were: this is kinda of strange looking, its reminiscent of the L'Oreal telescopic mascara wand.  But it's so much better! Apparently this is a patented Fairy drops mascara  wand, that catches the tiniest lashes as well as define and lengthens your lashes.

First Impressions: Love it, this is my HG mascara even if it will cost me $28 CAD.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment