Sunday, 27 January 2013

Did this live up to it's hype?

If you're like me, you probably spend hours reading other beauty blogs and when certain makeup products pop up on several blogs with glowing reviews you can't help but run out and purchase it. I did that with the Nars Sheer glow foundation when it was making its rounds on youtube and several beauty blogs.  That completely did not work for my skin.  It just sat on top of my skin and made me super greasy, all I have to say is thank god for Sephora's amazing return policy.

The lessons I have learnt is that you really have try things out yourself.  What may work for some may not work for you. It's nice to read about the opinions of others, but you won't really know how a product works until you try it.  So I thought this would be a nice idea for a series of blog posts about whether or not makeup products lived up to their hype. Maybe these post will help you guys decide whether or not you should make the plunge and buy these products.

Like most, I have to personally buy these products so I am unable to buy every product that makes it way around the blogging world (that would be financially irresponsible of me), but I do buy a few every now and then. First up on the chopping block:




Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliners

When the UD 24/7 eyeliners first pop up on the blog world a couple of years ago with the promise of: long lasting color that won't budge I wanted it. With my pesky problem of all eyeliner running or smudging throughout the day I thought this would be my life saver (based on what I read on the beauty blogs).  And boy was it hard getting my hands on it here in Canada, especially when Urban Decay had yet to enter the Canadian market.  Luckily Lily had a school trip to NY and made several Sephora pit stops to grab one for me.

Did this live up to it's hype?

Hell no, I found the UD 24/7 liners too soft and creamy; although it did last slightly longer than other eyeliners I have tried, it eventually did smudge and I still ended up with the raccoon eye look.  I passed it on to Lily to see if she would have better luck with it.

Her thoughts: It's alright, I still prefer the L'Oreal one (the one that I passed on to her eons ago.)

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment