Monday, 21 January 2013

Beauty Purge Updated

It has been 1 year since I pledged to my beauty purge, it also so happens that our blog just turned 1; thank you for all those who drop by for visit (if you like what you read feel free to follow us).

Guilty: I borrowed this pic.

So it has been exactly 1 year I since I implemented my self-imposed beauty band. The only rule: no new purchases until I used up atleast 50% of my stash.  Was I successful? Sorta

My list of products that I initially started with had 110 products (makeup products only), if you read my "being a girl is quite expensive post" you know I finished 84 products.  Before you jump up and down with excitement, out of the 84 products only 26 were actual makeup products; the rest was all skin care and misc. products.  End result, I finished 23.6% of my makeup products, a little less than half of my goal.  Part of my self imposed beauty purge also consisted of not purchasing any new products unless I did not already have one in my stash.  I was quite good there, I only picked up a few items throughout the year.

The Guerlain, L'Oreal, and Annabelle and Marcelle warehouse sales, typically happen twice a year; in 2012 I only went to one of each.  See I completely avoid going to the Fall warehouse sales.
I only picked up 2 items @ Guerlain warehouse sale

Everything was $2 and under, so do they really count?

I only picked up 3 items @ the L'Oreal warehouse sale

This was $2 only after my mail in rebate.



I didn't intend to capture the perfumes in the background, but come to think of it, I think I did purchases these in 2012

Do blotting papers count?
I regret 2 of the 3 products here, can you guess which ones?

I love this mask


Shu Uemura products are slowly becoming staples in my makeup collection

I think I really did scaled down on my purchases; I skipped the Clarins warehouse sale, even though I was really tempted to pick up some Clarins makeup (damn these beauty blogs!) and I avoided buying any makeup products from the Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura collection.

For 2013, I will continue to keep up with  my self imposed beauty ban, which maybe a little hard since I was browsing the the Shu Uemura site and spotted "Bloosom Dream collection".  Very tempting especially since these palettes seem more wearable on daily basis compared to the Karl Lagerfeld collection.

After seeing the sheer amount of products I had gone through in 2012, I'm really curious to see how much money  I actually did spend on beauty products in 2012, aren't you guys?

New year, perfect timing,  in the year of 2013 not only will continue to purge my stash of beauty products but I will keep track of how much I actually spend. 

Let's see how really expensive being a girl really is!

♥ Viv




















No comments:

Post a Comment