Sunday, 16 December 2012

What's in my Makeup Bag-Xmas Edition

It's a little late, but I figure I would do a post on what was in my makeup bag when I was preparing for my work X-mas dinner.  It was definitely a learning curve for me, I really had to tell myself to bring just the essentials. Usually the X-mas dinner is schedule for about 6:30, I finish work at 4, so instead of going home most of us just opt to change and get ready at work. One of my friends was telling me that at her work place, the employees also stay at work to get ready but all the ladies end up commandeering the conference rooms to get ready.

My first X-mas dinner, I wasn't too sure how dressy people got so I opted for a a simple black cocktail dress and just retouched my makeup. The second year, I noticed that some of my co-workers did a 180 degree change. That year I opted for a fancier black cocktail dress and practically re-did my makeup. I wore a black strapless organza cocktail dress to work with a blazer on top. I know it may sound super fancy, but throw in the fact that I wore a lab coat on top during the day, no one was none the wiser.  At night I would ditch the the blazer.   Big mistake being in a cocktail dress (especially with boning in it) for about 12 hours was quite possibly the most uncomfortable thing, plus that year I noticed that most people brought their outfit to change it (duh, but did I want to tote all this on public transit?). Make up wise, I literally brought everything but the kitchen sink . That was really un-realistic, because  I completely removed my day time eye makeup and re-did everything. Not the best idea, especially  when you have no counter space.  

Last year, I actually brought my outfit to work to change into but I still brought along a crap load of makeup. I have this obsession of having to make everything stay in place, especially eyes. If I don't by the end of the day I end up looking like a raccoon.  This year I was determined to pack light, I decided to do an everyday look and then I would smoke it up for night. No need to remove my day time makeup, I would just be retouching and adding to it.

Everything I needed in one little make up bag

This was what was inside:







The tools:


  • 1 hair brush, 
  • 1 eye lash curler,
  • 6 makeup brushes: 1 highlighter brush, 1 blush brush, and 4 eye-shadow brushes
Although I potentially could have eliminate 2 of the brushes, I think.

The make up:


  • Shu Uemura Chocolate palette in Raspberry and Mocha
  • Shu Uemura Highlighter (shade P930) and Blush (shade P550)
  • Guerlain Kiss Kiss Extreme lipstick (shade 140-Beige sans Fin)
  • Marcelle lip liner (shade Truly nude)
  • Stila lip gloss (shade Kitten)
  • Fairy Drops Mascara
  • Physician Formula black eyeliner
  • Gosh nude eyeliner
  • Giorgio Armani High precision concealer 
The Miscellaneous:

  • Lipcote (lipstick sealer- I didn't even use)
  • Bioderma Hydrabio Serum- just in case my skin needed a little hydration -didn't use this either
  • Atomizer containing my winter scent: Lady Millionaire

The final evening look:



Did I still bring too many products? Do you guys still think I can eliminate any more products? What do you guys usually bring to work in preparation for the X-mas parties/dinners?

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment