It's a little late, but I figure I would do a post on what was in my makeup bag when I was preparing for my work X-mas dinner. It was definitely a learning curve for me, I really had to tell myself to bring just the essentials. Usually the X-mas dinner is schedule for about 6:30, I finish work at 4, so instead of going home most of us just opt to change and get ready at work. One of my friends was telling me that at her work place, the employees also stay at work to get ready but all the ladies end up commandeering the conference rooms to get ready.
Last year, I actually brought my outfit to work to change into but I still brought along a crap load of makeup. I have this obsession of having to make everything stay in place, especially eyes. If I don't by the end of the day I end up looking like a raccoon. This year I was determined to pack light, I decided to do an everyday look and then I would smoke it up for night. No need to remove my day time makeup, I would just be retouching and adding to it.
|Everything I needed in one little make up bag|
This was what was inside:
- 1 hair brush,
- 1 eye lash curler,
- 6 makeup brushes: 1 highlighter brush, 1 blush brush, and 4 eye-shadow brushes
The make up:
- Shu Uemura Chocolate palette in Raspberry and Mocha
- Shu Uemura Highlighter (shade P930) and Blush (shade P550)
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss Extreme lipstick (shade 140-Beige sans Fin)
- Marcelle lip liner (shade Truly nude)
- Stila lip gloss (shade Kitten)
- Fairy Drops Mascara
- Physician Formula black eyeliner
- Gosh nude eyeliner
- Giorgio Armani High precision concealer
- Lipcote (lipstick sealer- I didn't even use)
- Bioderma Hydrabio Serum- just in case my skin needed a little hydration -didn't use this either
- Atomizer containing my winter scent: Lady Millionaire
The final evening look:
Did I still bring too many products? Do you guys still think I can eliminate any more products? What do you guys usually bring to work in preparation for the X-mas parties/dinners?