Thursday, 6 December 2012

November Empties

As usual, my empties post comes around the second week of the new month. I have to give myself a pat on the back, I really didn't expect to have finish all these products.  However I must admit 3 of the products I tossed.


December Empties



The cleansing products:





Marcelle Essential smoothing cleansing water:  You can read my initial thoughts about it here. Now that I have finished it, I'm still not 100% convinced that it can top my HG Bioderma sensibio H2O.  In the end, it's an ok product. Will I re-purchase? Probably.

Softymo Speedy Cleansing oil:  I know I know I previously said I would post a more detailed review about this, but I have been super lazy.  But I promise I will. In essence it does not compare to the Shu Uemura cleansing oil. Will I re-purchase? Most definitely not.

Bioderma Sebium purifying foaming gel: This is my second bottled that I finished and I already re-purchased a giant sized one. I think that speaks volumes about how I feel about this cleanser, but you can read my thoughts about it here. Will I re-purchase? Hell yes!

The makeup products:


Stila lipgloss: I think this is tube number 4 from the holiday pack I purchased 2 years ago (I think). You can read my thoughts about it here.  This year I spotted the Stila lipgloss holiday pack during the V.I.B event and I was really tempted to pick it up. It had much more interesting colors, but I resisted temptation.  Will I repurchase? Maybe.

Annabelle lip stain marker: The first of the 3 tubes I purchased.  I actually enjoyed using the product, the only thing I dis-liked about it was the packaging. I really don't enjoy the marker like applicator, but it definitely lasted a lot longer than the Cover girl version. You can read my thoughts about them here. Will I repurchase? Probably not but that's just because of the I really dislike the applicator. Even if I did want to re-purchase I can't because I think the product has been discontinued.

Evening Tatcha blotting paper: Now that I finished the evening ones, here are my final thoughts.  The size of the original version was too big and the size of the evening version was too small. I know I'm having a Goldie lock moment here. And but annoys me the most is that I had just a hard time tracking them down and I recently spotted the original version at Indigo the bookstore! Will I repurchase? Maybe.

The Scents:


I finished Fleur de Cristal by Lalique, Lily finished Benefit's lookin' to Rock Rita. Which I personally find smells too sweet, but Lily loved the smell. Will I re-purchase? No, I'm a perfume whore, never faithful to a scent.

Miscellaneous Products:


Batiste Dry Shampoo: of all the brands I tried (2 so far) it was my favorite. But I wonder if there is anything better out there? Any recommendations?

Bath and Body Works anti-bacterial hand moisturizer: Scent Nectarine Mint.  Found the scent too sweet and my skin is kinda of getting used to this moisturizer.  Hence I must move on to a different one.  Suggestions?

Products I tossed:


Carmex chap stick: I purchased it because several other bloggers were ranting and raving about it. Personally I don't think there is anything extraordinary about it. In fact I left it in my winter jacket, where I re-discovered it.  I'm tossing it because it's almost 2 years past it's expiration date. Will I re-purchase? No.

Maybelline lipliner: I can't even remember when I purchased this. I think I was still in university, but the color is not the same as I remember it and there is a funky smell.  Which are all indications that I should toss it. Will I re-purchase? No

Marcelle Power Volume Mascara:  I initially really liked this mascara and really wanted to keep using it, but it kinda of has a weird funky smell to it so toss.

♥ Viv


No comments:

Post a Comment