Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Winter Skin Care Routine

Now that it's official cold here, I thought I would share my winter skin care routine. I don't know if you're like me, but whenever the season changes my skin tends to get a little dry and flaky (especially around my nose and cheeks).

It has taken a while for me to finally find a skin care routine that works for me. WARNING this post will be Shu Uemura heavy.

I use different products during the morning and during the night. Wow it just clicked that this method results in buying twice the amount of products.

Here is my morning routine:

Morning routine





In the Summer I had been washing my face with the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash in the morning, but now that we have moved into the colder months I think I'll have to switch it out for the Bioderma sebium cleanser.  Lately the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash it has been drying my skin out, I think it's the salicylic acid.  Next I use the Shu Uemura red:juvenus vitalizing refining lotion followed by the newest member of my Shu family, the tsuya youthful radiance generator essence.  

I have only been using this for 5 days and I must say that the texture of my skin has become smoother and best of all I'm not as oily anymore! I noticed prior to introducing this to my morning routine, by lunch time my face would be glowing, not the nice dewy glow look, but the oily one.  I would have to blot and then powder in attempt to reduce it. Could it be, the reduction of my skin's oil producing ability has been controlled by the tsuya youthful radiance generator essence? Then I top it off with my HG moisturizer, the Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Moisturizing Cream.  

Folks, to me this is the solution to your dry skin needs. Lily and I were both on Accutane and for those of you who have tried Accutane you know that while you're on it, the high dose of vitamin A  literally dries up everything. Say hello to flaky everything and paper cuts galore.  This moisturizer was the only one to take away our flakiness. And I would recommend you use this only in the cold months because it is quite thick.  


Night time routine

My night time routine consist of a cleansing oil to remove my makeup, currently I'm using the Softymo one (I'll post my thoughts about it later). Followed by the Bioderma sebium cleanser, some find it sufficient to just cleanse your skin with the cleansing oil, but I prefer to wash my face a second time to remove the oily feeling that often stays behind along with any remaining makeup.  The  Shu Uemura red:juvenus vitalizing refining lotion makes a second appearance, followed by the Amorepacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel (which by the way, I'm using just to get rid of it, completely dislike this product).  And here is another product that I also save just for winter, the Shu Uemura depsea hydrability alnight quench SOS moisture essence. 

I'm still on the fence about this product because I bough it in the summer and realized it is much more suited for the colder months because it completely made me oil like an oil well during the summer. So until recently it had just been sitting in my drawer, apparently it is suppose to seal in the moisture. I must warn you that this product has a sticky feel to it, once you apply it let it sink into your skin for about 15 mins.  Usually I also use the Depsea Hydrability Moisturizing Cream at night, but I figure I should work in some age prevention, so this winter I'll be using the red:juvenus vitalizing retexturizing cream. I figured combined with the depsea hydrability alnight quench SOS moisture essence my skin should be nice and wintered prepared. 

Say bye bye to the dry flaky skin.

♥ Viv




No comments:

Post a Comment