Thursday, 8 November 2012

The Art of Hair

Hair care was never really any ranked on my scale of importance, 1) I really suck at managing my hair, not only is it thick but I have a lot of it (I constantly hear hair dressers whisper "man you have a lot of hair") and 2) to me shampoo and conditioner from the drug store is just as good as salon shampoo if not better.  A few times I bought slightly more expensive shampoo and each time they failed to impressed me.  But when  this summer my hair became a little dry after a trip to a salt water park and some swimming lessons, I really wanted to restore it. I refuse to buy into the hype of Moroccan Oil (don't tell my hair stylist that because those are the only products he uses). I attempted to restore it with the Josee Marin Argan oil but I just found it weighed my hair down and kinda of made it oily.  Maybe I was using it in correctly?  But then I got a sample of Shu Uemura Essence Absolue nourishing protective oil



Shu Uemura Essence Absolue nourishing protective oil



Omg I am sold, you're probably tired of hearing me rant and rave about Shu Uemura products, but there is something about their products that just jive with my body chemistry. After the first use it restored my hair, I'm tempted to run out and purchase a full size bottle but I'm trying to be good.  Plus what also discourages me from buying a bottle is that its so hard to track down in MTL.  It's only available at the hair salon at Ogilvy's or at specialty stores, where as in T.O it's available at Holt Renfrew. Weird that the MTL Holt Renfrew only carries the cosmetics and Ogilvy's carries the hair products.

I know that I can just pop in to Ogilvy and pick a bottle up, but they are just so snooty there I rather not even give them my business. And going to a specialty store requires a trip out of my usual spots, as you can tell I'm too lazy to do so.

But last weekend I learned from the SA at Holt's that if I knew the exact product they can order it for me.  Well you now know at least one item I will be picking up at the next Holt Renfrew promotion event, which if memory serves me right should be in the Spring time.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment