Tuesday, 6 November 2012

October Empties

Here are my last months empty, only a small batch of products but what I'm most proud of is the fact that I managed to finish my first lip product that was not a Stila lipgloss. I think I kinda of cheated because some of these products were only travel sized or samples, but none the less I still finished them!




The skin care products:

Bioderma Sebium purifying foaming gel: I just love this cleanser, you can read my thoughts about it here. I just discovered that this cleanser can double as a shaving cream too!

Shu Uemura's Depsea Hydrability intense moisturizing concentrate: This was a life saver last, especially during the change of seasons and the harsh Canadian Winters.  What I love about this product is the fact that you can layer it under multiple products for a little extra hydration boost.  The only down size is the price, a full size bottle will run you back $92 CAD.  I almost purchased a full size bottle this past weekend but was tempted to try their new serum the tsuya youthful radiance generator essence.

Shu Uemura's Depsea Hydrability moisturizing lotion: I must admit that I'm not too crazy about this product; personally I find that this product is too light.  But when paired with the intense moisturizing concentrate the combination is pretty satisfactory. I would definitely say that the Depsea Hydrability  moisturizing lotion is ideally suited for the summer.  I would have to say this is not a product I would be purchasing a full sized version.




The makeup products:

Guerlain Kiss Kiss gloss stick: I'm coming to the realization that I am much more of a gloss person than I am a lipstick person. The kiss kiss gloss stick is the perfect hybrid and was quite moisturizing. I had this product for about 2 years and struggled to finish it, I used it all summer long and kept re-applying it like 4 times a day to finish it. I don't know if I would re-purchase this product, I feel like there are so many other lip products out there I can try.

Stila eyeshadow: I don't rem the shade, but it was a nice shimmery pink that I used as either a highlight or all over lid color. I'm pretty sure this may have passed its expiration date because I bought it during my university days. But it didn't smell and the texture was the same; all good indication that I could still use this product.  The Stila eyeshadows are relatively decent, I found some shades were slightly chalky but other than that color payoff and staying powder is decent.  I did notice some creasing half way through my work day. I don't think I would be re-purchasing Stila eyeshadows solely because there are so many other brands I want to try.

Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation: Love, love this product; you can read my thoughts about it here. This is my second bottle that I finished and I'm currently on my third.  I must warn you guys that Shu Uemura did re-formulate this product, and when I first learned of it I was like "why mess with a good thing". I can't remember what they modify but I didn't notice any difference, what I did noticed was that with the new version you get an extra 3mL of product. I would definitely re-purchase this product, but I'm torn between "should I keep buying this foundation or venture out to try another brand?"

Shu Uemura UV underbase fluid (beige): I had gotten a sample of this product and my first impression was love it and returned to the Shu counter and purchased a full size product. What I loved about this product is the fact that it was basically a sunscreen as well as a base that made your makeup go on more smoothly.  There is two versions of this product the fluid version and a mousse version, I initially purchased the fluid version because frankly the mousse version looked too messy to use.  I later learned that the fluid version was meant for dry skin and the mousse version was intended more for oily/combination skin. Even if I wanted to re-purchase this product it has been discontinued.

And lastly I finished another Bath and Body works anti-bacterial gel in the peppermint scent, all I have to say is this smelt more like a york peppermint chocolate. I think I have learned my lessons and avoid all holiday scents.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment