Tuesday, 30 October 2012

This means Trouble for me

It's that time of year again, x-mas has arrived early especially at Holt Renfrew

Holt's rarely has major sales and when it does the pickings are slim.  I guess if you shop at Holt's on a regular basis you really don't need a sale.  Unfortunately I am not one of those and throw in the fact I'm really a sales girl at heart, it's events like this that typically results in a slight dent in my bank account.






This weekend (starting Nov 2-4), you will receive a certain percentage of your purchases back in the form of a gift card. Typically any beauty or fragrance purchase will result in you getting 15% back of your total purchase and any clothing and accessory purchase will result in 25% back.  Which technically really isn't a sale but an ingenious marketing ploy to get  you to spend more than you really need to.

Typically during this Holt promotion I take the opportunity to stalk up on my beloved Shu Uemura products (when else will I be able to get 15% off beauty products in Canada, pretty much never). 

During the last event it clicked that I totally can totally be strategic with this event; too bad I realized this once I made all my purchases.

My rookie mistake: making all my beauty and fragrance purchases at the beginning.

Last year I did this completely ass backwards; I ended up purchasing 2 pieces of jewelery from Tiffany's with my gc, where as if I purchased them first, I would have gotten most of my beauty products practically for free.

The new strategy: Purchasing a big ticket item first (AKA any clothing or accessory item). 

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment