Monday, 29 October 2012

Close but no Cigar

Lately I haven't posted about anything from my beauty supply box, one of the most recent sample that I used up was the Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau.




At first spray it was reminiscent of...



My Jo Malone combination of Wild Blue Bell and Plum Blossom.  I had a brief moment of why the hell did I spend almost $300 on Jo Malone when I could have just bought Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau for about half the price?  Thank god after I compared them side by side I noticed that Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau leans a little more fruity and my Jo Malone combination leans a little more floral.

I know in a previous post I had mentioned that I felt too old to be wearing Miss Dior Cherie and that it was much more suited for a younger demographic, but Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau does not smell as fruity as Miss Dior Cherie, it actually leans much more on the floral side, but I still detect some fruitiness. Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau contains notes of orange essence, gardenia, and white musk. And to be honest if it wasn't a l'eau de toilette I would actually consider purchasing this as a summer perfume.  But it's lack of staying power has me moving on.

Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau came very close to mimicking my Jo Malone combination, but no cigar.

What do they say, close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades, and nuclear bombs.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment