Monday, 1 October 2012

4 hours of digging for this ...

This weekend was rainy and dreary, what better way than to spend it than at a mall, after some sisterly nagging I convinced Lily to come with me.  My mission to pick up some hand soap from Bath and Body works, I was lured by an email of a clearance sale where I could pick up 4 bottles for $10.  Bath and Body works is only worth when you can get the crazy discounts (at least to me anyways) and I say lure because when I showed up they only had 2 scents on clearance. I was definitely bamboozled!

I knew that Forever 21 has also having one of their crazy sale where anything that was already on sale was reduced an additional 50%. So why not check it out. This is how I conned Lily into coming with me.

And after 4 hours or what felt like 4 hours of digging and trying on clothes this is what I walked away with.







I know pretty sad, 1 tank top.  Lily was a little more lucky, she lucked out on 2 sweaters and 2 tanks.

I really try to shop at fast fashion stores like Forever 21, H&M, and Zara, who wouldn't like trendy fashionable pieces at affordable prices? When I read fashion blogs and see pics of items that fellow bloggers scored at these stores I get insanely jealous.  Sometimes they even inspire me to hunt down specific pieces, but once I tried them on I am super disappointed because they look horrific on me. 

I don't know if it's my body type or something but  99% of the pieces from Forever 21, H&M, or Zara not only look horrific on me but they are also very unflattering on me. The fit is always a little off, the construction sometimes is noticeable cheap, but what irks me the most is that my size can range from anywhere 2 to 10.  But sometimes I do manage to find a hidden gem. 

I have very few pieces from Forever 21, H&M, and Zara in my closet; 20% of those finds were pure luck (which I enjoy)  and the other 80% of those purchases I later regretted. 

Please tell me there are others out there that are like me?

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment