Sunday, 23 September 2012

Fall time means Lalique Time

My co-workers think I'm completely crazy that I have seasonal perfumes.  Some people are loyal to a particular scent and wear it all year long, I on the other hand prefer something more lighter in the Summer time and something more heavier in the Winter time.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with seasonal scents? I just happen to now have found a perfume that fits into the Spring and Fall seasons.

I spotted and sniffed Fleur de Cristal last Winter at Holt Renfrew and was in love.  

Fleur de Cristal



Fleur de Cristal has everything of I look for it a perfume; it's composed of notes of  bergamot, jasmine, stephanotis and lily of the valley petals. Any thing with the scent of lilies I'm down with because I absolutely love the smell of lilies.

I had been pining for this perfume not only because of the scent but the bottle itself. It happened to be Lalique's 150th anniversary which translate to a specially designed  bottle that " highlight the superb skills of artists".  Yet I still was not willing to bite the bullet and purchase it, I did however receive as a gift on my Bday.

The illusion of floating Lilies

Being me, I was not willing to crack it open until I finished the perfume I was using at the time, so when I did, it was Spring and the scent was magically. But in the summer time, I unfortunately was not so much a fan anymore.  I was no longer in love with the scent anymore and actually found that the scent kinda of bothered my nose, I know bizarre right?

But I still was not willing to give up on it, now that we're moving into fall I decided to give Fleur de Cristal another shot and I was in love all over again. I have determined that Fleur de Cristal is a perfume that is much more suited for cooler months. 

Is it just me or are there some scents that much more suited for cooler season? 

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment