Thursday, 23 August 2012

Ancient Geisha Beauty Secrets

When I first heard about the Tatcha Blotting paper I desperately wanted it.  Who wouldn't be lured by ancient Geisha beauty secrets.


I was on the hunt. Are they as good as they are hyped up to be?


Who knew they would be so difficult to track down in Canada, luckily I was able to locate them at shop pretty, a clean and green online beauty shop which also happened have a store located in Toronto. During a road trip I made sure a pit-stop to shop pretty was on my list of places to hit.  I was able to pick up the Tatcha Aburatorigami Original Japanse Beauty Papers and the Tatcha Aburatorigami Evening Japanse Beauty Papers. Aburatorigami was crafted by gold leaf artisans, where its skin benefits were discovered by the Geisha's in the 1800's.  The Tatcha blotting papers are  all natural leaflets that absorb excess oil without disturbing your makeup. They are hand made, powder and fragrance free that will not steal moisture from your skin. 

If you look close enough, you'll see gold leaf.

I have been using the original Tatcha Japanese blotting paper for the last month or so and to be honest the Boscia blotting paper are just as good.  They are thick which is great, because you can flip them over to the other side and continue to blot, rather than using a second sheet.  They do an amazing job at picking up the excess oil and it's true they don't disturb the makeup. But I personally find the Boscia blotting papers do the same thing.

The only difference between the original Tatcha blotting paper and the evening Tatcha blotting paper is the 1. obviously the size and 2. the evening one contains charcoal which the Japanese have been using for for centuries in skin care products because of its powers of absorption.

The only thing that annoy me about the original Tatcha blotting paper, is it's size, it's a little too big to fit into my makeup bag and as a result the package gets warped. The evening version is much more travel friendly.

If they weren't so hard to track down in Canada especially in MTL, I most probably re-purchase, but since Boscia are much more easily accessible, Boscia takes the cake.

 ♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment