Sunday, 1 July 2012

This Product is Amazing


More like Amazeballs, I know it's not a real word and when you google it, there is a lot of slack about how Perz Hilton try to popularize the word.  But I thought it was the perfect world to describe this product.

Joking aside, after using it for the first time, I had to refrain myself from blogging about this until I at least tried it for a second time. Now I'm giddy with excitement to share this amazing product with you guys. This product has always peaked my interest, when I spotted it at Sephora and swatched  it, I was not impressed by it, in fact I was kinda of turned off by it, until I saw it in action on the Home Shopping Network.  I was immediately mesmerized and wanted to run out to the closest Sephora.

If you're curious about what I'm ranting about you have to click to find out.

Lily and I both tried it, hopefully I can wrangle her into contributing to this posting.



Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

Boscia (pronounced Bo-Sha) is a Japanese brand that is the world's first preservative-free skin care lines, their name is actually a combination of the words botanical and science (which is pretty much the philiosphy behind their brand. Boscia products do not contain any of the 150 industry-recognized preservatives, instead their products contain a special Boscia botanical blend developed by Boscia scientists.  The Boscia botanical blend consist of 2 key ingredients: the Jojoba leaf which helps  to prevent free radical damage caused by pollution, UV rays, and other environmental irritants and Willow herb extract which helps to alleviate inflammation and redness. The combination of Jojoba leaf and Willow herb helps to solve the following most common skin problems: dullness, dryness, fine lines, lack of firmness, blemishes and sensitivities. 

Now on to the more important part, the mask.  The mask is indeed black with a wet sticky consistency which makes it hard to manipulate when applying it to your face. But the second time around I had a much more easier time, so practice is key.




Here's Lily applying the mask

This is how we're suppose to apply the mask
According to the instructions, we were suppose to avoid the hair line, eyebrows, the orbital bone, and lips.
Obviously we didn't follow the instructions


Can you tell we didn't follow the directions because we had on our eyebrows and upper lips.  Mental note to self, we should read the instructions prior to use.  At one point Lily was afraid that the mask would wax off her barely there eyebrows.

Once you apply the mask there is required waiting time of 10-20 mins (basically until the mask dries).  We waited 30 mins to ensure the mask was fully dried; usually I hate products that have a wait time because I can't do much.  I'm blind as a bat without my glasses, ergo I can't even watch TV, but thanks to my iphone the time flew by. As the mask dried, I literally felt my skin tighten.

30 mins later

The mask literally transforms into a giant pore strip; on the HSN the best way to remove the mask was to smile and loosen the edges around the lips, then you start peeling away.  I have no idea in hell how they managed to remove the mask in one piece!

Viv's thoughts:

Once the mask was removed I found my skin was indeed brighter and clearer; I literally felt like I just had a facial. During my morning makeup application I noticed that the Boscia mask made made my skin was a lot more smoother .   Not only did I find my skin brighter, it had a luminous glow; not the type  glow where I fell like a shiny disco ball, but a nice natural one.  My fellow combo/oil skin girls know what I mean right? usually when I try to achieve the luminous glow look instead of glow I end up with oil slick.

What's more fascinating about this mask is all the crap on it once you pull it off. Too bad the mask is black or I would have taken a picture of all the crap that it pulled out,it literally removes like 80% of your white/black heads.  It's kinda of gross to look at but on the other hand I couldn't help but just stare at all the impurities (i.e dirt) that the mask manage to pull out.  The first thought that popped into my head was wow, do I really have that many white/black heads?  I must warn you that if you're expecting that this mask will pull out every single black head, it won't but it still does a decent job.  I wonder if I combine it with a clay mask would I have more effective result?

The Boscia Luminizing Black mask retails for $41 CAD, which is on the only down size because I could quite possibly  become addicted to this and use it twice a week, which would mean I would go through this tube in a jiffy. Because the key to fully benefiting from this mask is applying a thick layer, you really can't skimp on the application.

Lily's thoughts:

At first, I thought it was weird when my sis told me that the mask was made from charcoal.  But once I used it I also found that my skin was much smoother and softer.  The downside for me is that you have to apply a thick layer which means that the product will be used up pretty fast.  But personally I didn't find that it removed much white/black heads as it claims, don't get me wrong it removes quite a bit, but not everything.


♥ Viv & Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment