Sunday, 3 June 2012

The Sample Sale weekend

The sample sale season has finally kicked off in MTL (although ours aren't as good or numerous as other cities like NY, but there are a few hidden jems).  I know, I know I should not be hitting sample sales since I'm trying to cut down on my spending, but it doesn't hurt to go look right?

The 2 sample sales I hit this weekend wore:




Sample Sale #1

Sample Sale #2

Sample sale #1 was done by a company who is responsible for manufacturing the following brands: Winter Kate, House of Harlow , Modern Vintage,  Rose Gold , K-Way,  Earnest Sewn, Heidi Klum for New Balance, and some random brands found at Neimam Marcus.

This sample sale was literally a tight squeeze (the location was their office).  Prices were decent (actually sample sale prices). Shoes were $65-$70 and sample shoes were $15.  Clothing wise, prices ranged from $20-$50. 

I was pretty good,  I only  walked away with the following 2 items:

Winter Kate Blouse

House of Harlow Shoes


Since theWinter Kate line by Nicole Richie leaned more on the bohemian side, I wasn't too interest.  There were a lot of tops that I actually did like, but the flowy sleeves ruined the look for me personally.  I scored these House our Harlow shoes for $15! I think they were placed in the sample box by accident, because they were also selling the shoe for $70. Out of curiosity I googled them and found out they retailed for $305. This was a major score, not sure where I will be wearing these to, but for $15, what the hell.

Sample sale #2 was the Reebok warehouse sale.  This sale couldn't have happened at a better time, I was desperately  in need of some work-out clothes.  This was my first time attending the Reebok Warehouse sale and I have to admit that it is a hugely popular one.  People show up with their families in tow.  I will never understand bringing children to a sample sale, that just seems like a no-no.


The line u
If you plan on attending this sale next year, I suggest that you show up early, because the Reebok staff will cut off the line.  On day 1 we showed up at 7 pm, and Reebok shut the line down at a certain point; we were literally like 5 people away from getting in. CW and I returned on day 2 and waited in the rain.   Everyone we spotted leaving had bags and bags of stuff, which we interpreted as a good sign that this sale would be worth the wait in the rain.

This is literally is a warehouse sale, it takes place at the Reebok Warehouse and everything is literally found in it's original plastic packaging and boxes. Even though everything is separated by category, some diving and sorting is still needed in order to track down your size and color.


Prices were really decent for Reebok gear; runners ranged from $35-$65, tops ranged from $10-$22, and bottoms ranged from $13-$18.
If you plan on attending this sale next year, here are my tips:
  1. Go early, don't show up 2 hours before the end of the sale; because there is a strong possibility you will be denied entrance. 
  2. The running shoes are the first and most popular items. Once you spot the models you like, find you're size and threw them into you're shopping bag.  Once you grabbed all that you liked, then start trying them on.
  3. Go with a buddy, because there are no mirrors. Buddies will be able to provide you with an honest opinion.
  4. Wear leggings and a tank top, because there are no changing rooms.
  5. If you're not sure about your size, grab what you think you are and a size up.
  6. If you're not sure about a certain item, threw it in your bag and decide later. It's easier than tracking down that item again
  7. Find a calm corner and start trying on the clothes and sorting.
I think the Reebok sale was definitely worth the 2 attempts and the wait in the rain because here is my haul:

My first pair of runners since CEGEP
♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment