Thursday, 14 June 2012

Not Feeling the love from AmorePacific

I picked these up back in March during my road trip to T.O with B:


I have been using the my the Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel moisturizer and the Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel for the last 2 months or so and I must admit, I'm not quite feeling the love from them.





I decided to venture out of my comfort of zone of Shu Uemura and Bioderma skin care products because I was easily swayed by the sales pitch given by the SA.  What can I say, I'm easily bought by marketing; remember the the  following  BMW commercial?

Let's just say, after seeing it, I wanted to buy a X5 BMW.  I can't remember the exact sales pitch, but what tempted me to try the AmorePacific line were the following words: "cutting edge skin care technology...deep hydration". So I took a blind leap of faith because I knew nothing about the brand, except that it was Korean.  For those who are unfamiliar with the AmorePacific brand, AmorePacific is a Korean brand who's philosophy is harnessing the restorative powers of indigenous Asian bontanicals. They have developed patented complexes using green tea, bamboo sap and red ginseng in order to nourish the skin at a deeper level.

The first sign that should have prompted me to walk away was the fact that the product is mainly silicone base. Silicone and I don't play well together.  MUA had some pretty good reviews, which made me excited to try them, but once I  started it using it, my first impression was that it's OK.  At one point I was thinking maybe I need to purchase, the toner and serum in order to get the full effect.  But B quickly squashed that idea and said it was ridiculous to buy a whole line skin care line without first trying it, because the AmorePacific line is not exactly cheap. 

I have oily/combination skin, particularly in my T-zone, but I often get dry patches on my cheeks, so here I was thinking this would solve my problem of dry patches.  Let's just say the first week I was using the Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel moisturizer, I was less than impressed, I sorted of got it work for me if I combined it with the Shu Uemura depsea hydrability intense moisturizing concentrate.

The Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel is my first eye cream, so I don't have anything to compare it to.  I have no idea if it's great or crap.

I really wanted to love the AmorePacific products, but they're just not working for me. My final verdict,  the Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra Gel moisturizer and the Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel  are just not worth the price tag.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment