Sunday, 27 May 2012

Sister Sister Event #3 of 2012

Lily and I don't do a lot of sister-sister things besides occasional shopping, but the one thing we do together a lot is going to concerts. We are complete polar opposites; I love going to operas and ballets, Lily loves going to see indie artists (as you can tell from her posts). I can't believe I'm even going to be posting this! Part of me should be embarrassed but the other part of me is like meh I'm not ashamed to admit it.  So here is our sister-sister event #3 of 2012





That's right, your eyes are not fooling you...we are going to the Justin Bieber concert.  When  JB announced he was going on tour Lily was like "oh we need to go to JB's concert".  She was literally giddy when I told her I managed to score some pre-sale tickets via AMEX (thanks to my co-worker).

It is also how I somehow suddenly became a chaperone for the JB concert; apparently my reputation of going to teeny bopper concerts is spreading. Here's how it went down: 

Coworker: Are you going to the Justin Bieber concert?

Me: Probably,  Lily wants to go, but I'm not sure if I can get tickets.

Coworker: Today is the pre-sale with AMEX, if I buy the tickets do you want to bring my daughter and her friend?

Me: Uhhh...Sure? But why don't you want to go?

Coworker: Either of us really like Justin Bieber. If it was anyone else I would go, but not Justin Bieber.

I guess JB's power of persuasion is only limited to the teeny boppers.  You definitely know you're too old for Bieber fever, when their response is "huh you have diarrhea?" (co-worker thought we wore talking about Beaver fever AKA Giardiasis caused by a single-celled organism: Giardia lamblia.).  True story, one of my co-workers was like what wore your doing on the weekend to contract Beaver fever, when we wore really talking about Bieber fever.

Here's how I ended up  with the reputation of the attendee of most teeny bopper concerts.  One: when I was a younger, I was not allowed to go to concerts partly due to huge safety concerns (my mom is one of those parent's who are paranoid about everything, for instance when my brother and I wore younger, she would always accompany us to movies even though she did not understand a single word of English out the fear that we would be kidnapped, imagine all that could go wrong at a concert venue). Two: we really didn't have money to spend on concert tickets; and three: if was able to go to the concert I needed to bring a chaperone i.e my brother.  Unfortunately my brother was not willing to accompany me to go see the Spice Girls or Britney Spears, therefore as a teen I missed out on a lot of teenage concerts experiences.

So when Lily was old enough to want to go to concert, I as the older sister had to accompany her and that is how our tradition of going to concerts was born.  If memory serves me right, the first concert I ever brought her to was Hilary Duff and it just snowballed from there. I almost feel like this is my way to re-live my youth.

♥ Viv








No comments:

Post a Comment