Saturday, 5 May 2012

Last Months Empties!

I know, I know I have been a bit lazy lately and haven't posted anything about products I have used up.  Don't think I gave up on trying to go through my stash.  Here is a snap shot of what I have used up in the month of April (I'll be honest I also included the products that I used up in March)


As you can see, I'm not very good at using up any makeup.  My empties consist of mainly skin care products or body/hand lotions. And to dig the hole a little deeper they're not even full sized products, most of my products are travel size or samples from my beauty box!

Here is what I finished and brief thoughts:
  • Covergirl's LashBlastfusion mascara (waterproof): Preferred the original. 
  • Maybelline Great Lash mascara (waterproof): Was my go to drug store mascara, I have come to the realization I actually don't really like it that much.  Even though the majority raves about it, for me its the brush. I simply hate the brush; I prefer a fat fuller brush instead. But I constantly kept re-purchasing it because I would constantly catch it on sale at my local drug store.
  • Shu Uemura UV underbase fluid (beige): Loved it. Let's just say even though the the sample I got was the wrong shade for me, the product was great enough to convince me to purchase a full size bottle.  It's my preferred face primer.  It also comes in a mousse version, initially I was hesitant to purchase the the mousse version because it njust seemed too messy.  I recently learnt that the fluid underbase was more suited for dry skin where as the mousse one was suited for oily/combination skin.  P.S. I recently purchased the mouse base.
  • Nutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (pink grapefruit): Love the smell. I mainly use it as a morning face wash.
  • Shu Uemura Skin purifier cleansing beauty oil : Love it, thus far the best makeup cleanser I have come across. Click here  and scroll down to product #15 for my thoughts. I must admit I prefer the cherry blossom one solely for the scent.  Will definitely re-purchasing.
  • Clinique liquid facial soap (mild): Disliked this, made my skin feel very tight and dry. I really try to like the Clinique brand (especially when they constantly have GWPs), but I personally find this skin care line doesn't do much for me. Will not be re-purchasing this.
  • Kiehl's Ultra facial toner: Hated the smell! Didn't find it did anything for me.Will not be purchasing a full size.
  • Nuxe Fluide Prodigieux Matifying and moisturizing fluid  (combination and oily skin): Meh, wasn't a fan of the smell. It wasn't horrible but it was too herbally for my taste.  I didn't find it was moisturizing enough for me nor matifying. Will not be re-purchasing.
  • Estee Lauder Hydrationist (maximum moisture cream): This actually made me grease up like an oil slick. Realized it was due to the fact that it was for dry skin.  The SA could have warned me.  Used it as a hand cream. If it was good enough for my face it's good enough for my hands. Not really
  • The Youth as we know it anti-aging moisture cream: click here for my thoughts
  • CO Bigelow Lemon Hand treatment (bath and body works): Smells like the above mentioned product, nothing spectacular.  I always feel my hands are too dry, so I'm still on the hunt for the perfect hand moisturizer.  Any suggestions/recommendations?
  • Twisted Pepper mint anti-bacterial moisturizing hand lotion (bath and body works): Received it as my secret Santa Gift at work, every time I used it I wanted to candy cane.
  • Avon's silicone glove protective hand cream: I like to switch up my hand creams, because I find that if I constantly use the same one, my hands get accustom to it and it doesn't do anything for me anymore.  For 0.99$ you can't go wrong; all you need is an Avon rep.
  • Carried Away body lotion (bath and body works): Smells amazing when layered with my La Lune perfume from D&G.  Added bonus, makes La Lune last a little longer.
  • Lemon clementine anti-bacterial hand gel (bath and body works): Love these hand sanitizers from bath and body works. Somehow I ended up with a stash of 10?
 As you can tell, the smell of a product is a huge deciding factor. I for some reason hate herbal smells or anything that smells medicinal for some particular reason.


♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment