Monday, 16 April 2012

Guerlain Warehouse Sale

It's that time of year again, the Guerlain warehouse sale is schedule for the 28th of April 2012.



The Guerlain warehouse sale is typically a one day event, although it's usually held at the end of October. I think this will be the first time B and I will be attending this during Spring.  B and I have only attended it in October, where we wait in the freezing cold for a least 2 hours.  But some people are even more intense, I'm talking about showing up 2-3 hours before the sale starts with folding chairs.  Crossing our fingers for great weather.

The best scores  in my opinion are typically eyeshadows ($25 for a quad and $15 for a single), lipsticks/lipglosses ($10 each, but if you buy 3 you get a 4th one free), and blushes are $15. They do also have bronzer, foundation, press powder, and of course their line of perfumes. There is a slim selection of their skin care products.

I really (I think B as well) don't need anymore makeup, yet we're compel to check out the sale every year.  This year I'm hoping to score some surprise bags. We lucked out 2 years ago, but last year was a bust.  A surprised bag cost $10 and it contains roughly 6-8 items well worth more than $10. Unfortunately last year all the surprised bags wore sold out during their VIP night for friends and family.  I really think they should limit the amount of surprised bags a person could buy just to be fair!

Warning: they do not have the whole Guerlain product line available at this warehouse sale, it is typically just the overstock of products. Also there tend to be line jumpers; i.e they have one person wait in line and then a group of like 10 people show up saying their with that 1 person (which annoys the crap out of me!).  Last year they tried to control that situation by handing out tickets.  The only problem was that they didn't tell people what the tickets wore for.  Turns out they wore letting groups of people in based on the number on your ticket.  So when I got a ticket I was 40 numbers a head of B. Luckily we got in together after everyone was complaining about the mass confusion.


♥ Viv



No comments:

Post a Comment