Saturday, 3 March 2012

Don't be fooled!

Ever feel like you've been fooled by magazines? Every time I flip through my Lou Lou magazine or people style watch Lily randomly picks up (depending if she likes the celebrity on the cover or not) I would spot a really cute piece of clothing at an amazing price, which would ultimately ignite the hunt for said item.  And ultimately I would always be disappointed once I found it.   I have experienced several occasions of such disappointment.


I spotted this top by H&M in Lou Lou, doesn't it look gorgeous?  I thought this would have been the perfect top to complete my outfit to one of my work x-mas parties.  It was the perfect pop of color that I needed and best of all it was only $19.95 (I was determined to shop from my own closet and not spend money on a whole new outfit).  I practically hit all the H&Ms in MTL, once I finally found it I was very disappointed.  The top in question turned out to be a very pale pink and frankly looked very cheap (sorry I don't have pic of it, I wasn't blogging at that time).  At first I questioned if it was even the same top cause the color was so off, but the shape, material, and price wore identical.  Let's just say I walked away from it.

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from H&M, featuring this sweater:


Doesn't this sweater look like its made of metallic yarn?  This is actually how the sweater really looks like:



I can see why they priced the sweater at $9.95.  It was a sweater with what looks like iron-on gold color.  Hell the sweater was basically plastic to the touch.  Another H&M item left behind.

Clothing often look much better to in photos then in person  and when the price of an item is too good to be true, it often is! I would not waste my time trying to hunt another too good to be true deal again.

Lesson learned. 

So do you guys sometimes feel tricked by photos in the glossy pages of magazines?

♥ Viv


No comments:

Post a Comment