Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Cupcake training is what I would call the perfect excerise.

How the hell did I miss Cupcake Training day?  But that's O.K, the cupcake training day is only the prelude to the most important day of the year....




Cupcake Camp Montreal, has been scheduled for Nov 18, 2012;  for those of you who are new to the concept.  Cupcake camp is a fundraiser, where their motto is raising money through our love for cupcakes. The event is completely run by volunteers and 100% of the proceeds are donated to the kids help phone and the La Tablée des Chefs.  You can participate by either volunteering your time, your baking talents, or best of all your appetite. 

I have been anxiously waiting to go to the cupcake camp since its conception in 2009. I think in 2009 it was on a much smaller scale and the event happen to be on a weekday, which normally wouldn't be a problem except that I had this pesky thing called a job. Then the cupcake craze really caught on in 2010 and it was held at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel. Apparently so many people showed up they had to start turning people away! Which is not surprising especially if there are 20,000 cupcakes on site.  Yet again work got in the way (I started a new job around that time and I couldn't exactly request a day off because I needed to go to the cupcake camp). There wasn't one 2011 for some reason, so I'm banking on attending it in 2012.  I don't know what prompted me to google it today, but I did, only to find out that since the cupcake camp didn't happen on 2011 they decided to have a cupcake training day in the attempt to take the edge off for the long awaited cupcake camp 2012. How the hell did I miss this? and by 3 freaking days! My tummy muscles could have used a little stretching.

No worries, I already saved the date on my iphone, only 256 days left until Cupcake Camp 2012! Where their goal is to receive 50,000 cupcakes donation, attract 5000 people, and hope to raise $100,000.

Checkout these great photos on flicker of Cupcake Camp 2010 .


♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment