Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Carpe Diem

A last minute spur of the moment decision yesterday resulted in CW and I going to see...


Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque Du Soleil and I  honestly have to admit that I enjoyed it.  The show first debut in MTL  in 2011, it was pretty much sold out as soon as the tickets wore released.   But to be honest it didn't really catch my attention.  The  Immortal World Tour finally made its way back to MTL and I'm glad CW made me go.  We (more like she) literally decided the night before that we should attempt to get tickets.  Day of, we scored some decent seats at the price of almost an arm and a leg (although we wore almost in the nose bleed section, but at least we faced the stage dead on and had a bird's eye view).

All I have to say is that Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour is not like the typical Cirque du Soliel shows.  It's not like I have seen all the Cirque Du Soliel shows, but I have gone to 2 other ones (Alegria and Dralion).  And no offense to Guy Lalibert√© but after seeing Alegria and Dralion I pretty thought "if you've seen one Cirque Show,  you've seen them all because they're pretty much all the same."  I think its because they all contain similar circus acts; there is only so many ways one can contort and do acrobatics.

But the Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour aired more on the side of concert; it kinda made me want to get up and dance along with them. The stage and lighting was much more elaborate, costumes wore over the top, and there was much more dancing then there was circus. It was a huge production with effortless scene changes and a great combination of the circus and the world of music. The only compliant I would have is that sometimes there was a little too much going on at the same time on stage, so I wasn't too sure where too look.  But all in all if you can see it you should definitely see it

Here is a small glimpse of what I saw yesterday

Seize the day and go see it, it's a 100 times better in person!

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment