Sunday, 12 February 2012

Viv's Glossy Box

This is my version of a Glossy Box, although it is tempting to subscribe to this service I really don't need any more beauty products. Especially since I somehow managed to accumulate all these samples and never really fully took advantage of them.

Viv's personal version of a Glossy Box
I figure since I'm on this self imposed beauty band, I mind as well use these samples and see what I like, don't like, or prefer over products that I'm currently using.

First up: Bioderma Hydrabio Serum Moisturizing Concentrate VS. Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Intense Moisturizing Concentrate.

Bioderma VS. Shu Uemura
Shu Uemura skin care products are Holy Grail products for me. I have yet to find anything that can do what Shu Uemura products can do. But there are some products that do come close.

Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Intense Moisturizing Concentrate is the second step in their three-step action moisturizing program designed to improve the skin's self-moisturizing ability.

Bioderma Hydrabio Serum Moisturizing Concentrate is designed to teach the skin how to generate and it lock in the moisture essential for its natural balance.

Essentially to me, both these products have the same purpose: to improve your skin's self-moisturizing ability. Now the question is which one do I prefer?

Honestly after trying Bioderma's version for roughly 2 weeks;  I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I find that both products have the same end result.  But I still prefer Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Intense Moisturizing Concentrate.  The main reason: the texture and feel of it on my skin.  The consistency of Shu Uemura's version is much more fluid and really sinks into the skin.  Whereas the consistency of Bioderma's version is much more thicker and sticky. Initially I thought I mis-read the package and thought maybe this was a facial wash since my face felt really sticky after I applied it.  I also noticed that with Shu Uemura's version a little goes a long way, where as with Bioderma's version you require quite a bit to cover the main areas of your face.

A 40 mL bottle Bioderma  Hydrabio Serum Moisturizing Concentrate cost around $44. Where as Shu Uemura would run you back $78 for a 30 mL bottle.

My pick: Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Intense Moisturizing Concentrate. I'm willing to shell out the few extra bucks for Shu Uemura, I much prefer the feel of Shu Uemura's version on my skin.

Although I do have to admit that certain Bioderma products do come close to Shu Uemura's products (this being one of them).  So if I was pinching pennies, I would pick Bioderma's version.


♥ Viv


No comments:

Post a Comment