Saturday, 11 February 2012

Currently being annoyed by...

Vichy Purete Thermale Micellar Solution
That's right, Vichy I'm calling you out on your packaging. Frankly I hate it with a passion! I'm annoyed by your product every time I have to remove my eye make up.

If you are not familiar with micellar water, she said beauty blog has a pretty good definition of it. The first micellar water I ever tried was the Bioderma’s Sensibio, a cult favorite.  I first got wind of it on Lisa Eldridge's blog and was on the hunt for it. Since then it has become my top pick, I have already re-purchased it 3 times, it's so effective that my friend CW and I have dubbed it the "magic water" because it literally takes everything off. Believe me I have thoroughly tested it, for those who personally know, know that I'm all about testing the product to see if it really lives up to the hype. The only down side is that in Canada, the magic water is a little pricey; a 250 mL bottle will run you back about $22 ($18 if you can catch it on sale).  So when I was at the L'Oreal warehouse sale this pass October, I spotted Vichy's purete thermale micellar solution; a 400 mL bottle was priced at $16.  I figured this may potentially be a cheaper alternative to the magic water. I quickly tested it by swatching eyeliner on the back of my hand; it was easily removed, so in the basket it went.  I have being using it ever since, in the hopes of trying to preserve my magic water.

Thoughts: 
  • Did I mention I hate the packaging, because I do! Every time I pump it, the liquid goes everywhere but onto the cotton pad. One time I even managed to squirt some in my eye. Even Lily hates the packaging.
  • Is it comparable to Bioderma's Sensibio, in short NO. I don' t find that it takes off make as easily as my magic water. It requires a little more elbow grease to remove the more stubborn makeup on my face (i.e anything water proof).
  • Would I re-purchase it, even though I get more for my money....Hell No! Why you may wonder, it's simply because of the packaging. So Vichy if you're reading this fix your packaging cuz I'm not the only one that feels like this, 15 steps, then a beauty blog has a similar opinion.
♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment