Sunday, 26 February 2012

Beauty Purge Update No. 1


Fear not, I did not forget about by self-imposed beauty band, here is a list of products that I recently finished in January, some I actually finished in 2011, but I didn't blog back them. Here are my 2 cents: (bare with me its a little long, so I think I will break it down to 4 products a post)

  1. Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer: I first fell in love with this product when I received a sample of it from Holt Renfrew during one of their Stila Beauty Events (back in the day when Holt's carried Stila and Sephora did not exist yet).  Boy does Holt know how to throw beauty events.  The sample  of Stila Sheer color tinted moisturizer I received  made me want to run back to the Stila counter and prchase a full size tube, I initially felted that it provided enough coverage during the summer time and it was the perfect consistency.  Not too thick that it felt like foundation and not too runny that it looked like I had nothing on my face.  So when I bought a full size tube of it from Sephora, I didn't feel the same way anymore. I found the consistency too fluid. Although it did even out my skin tone, I found that it gave me a dewy finish.  Which would be fine if I have normal/dry skin, but when you have combination/oily skin especially in the summer when I tend to be more oily then combinaton, I felt like a disco ball.  It wasn't how I remembered it to be, that would explain why it took me 2 years to finish it.   Would I repurchase this product? No, I will be on the market for a new tinted moisturizer, any suggestions?
  2. Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation: Is my holy grail foundation and I have tried a lot of them. I have been wearing foundation pretty much since high school, and I have never repurchased the same foundation twice, until I met Shu Uemura.  I even jumped on the band wagon when Nars sheer glow foundation was making its rounds. Lets just say by the end of the day I could not wait to wash my face, plus it was not sitting on my skin properly. Thank God for Sephora's amazing return policy. Shu Uemura, definitely knows how to make cosmetics. The Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation is light enough that I don't feel like I have make up caked on my face and provides enough coverage to hide the insecurities I have with my skin. It goes on sheer, but it can easily be built up to a medium coverage. Would I repurchase? A definite yes! (I'm currently on my second bottle). Maybe I don't need a tinted moisturizer after all.
  3. Nuxe Lotion Tonique aux 3 Roses: Picked this up during the annual Clarins warehouse sale.  It was $11 bucks, so I figured I might as well give it a shot.  I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. It has a nice rose smell; for those who know me, know that the smell of a product is huge determination factor for me.  Although the product claims that there was no alcohol in it, it felt like there was alcohol in it when I applied it to my skin. Would I repurchase? Probably not.
  4. Too Face shadow insurance: My eye primer of choice, I find that the colors of eyeshadow  intensify and does not fade throughout the day. I have not experienced any major creasing until the end of my 8 hour work day. I like the smooth application and the feel of it on my eyes.  So far, it beats Benefit's stay put don't stray and the Urban decay eye primer hands down. It has not yet become a HG, only because I want to try the Nars eye primer. Would I repurchase? Yes, I am currently on my second tube.
Stay tune for my thoughts on products #5-8.

♥ Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment