Tuesday, 17 January 2012

The Self Imposed Beauty Band

Every time I look at my makeshift vanity, the first thoughts that pop into my head are do I really need all these products? How did I even let it get this bad? How many gold eye shadows do I really need? For someone who is neither a makeup artist or a beauty blogger (until now I guess), I have accumulated an obscene amount of makeup.  After to taking a quick inventory of all my beauty products. I have decided to put myself on a self-imposed beauty band. No purchasing any new beauty products until I have used up at least 50% of my stash (my version of the ever so popular project 10 pan). Which basically translates to no buying any beauty products for at least a year. The only exception: if I have completely used up that said product, which I don't have a replacement for. Can I achieve this realistically? Probably not, but hopefully posting on this blog will help me keep my objective. I figured by writing it down, I am is more likely to follow through.  It's also the perfect timing to start this self imposed beauty band; a brand new year = a clean slate. 

Seventeen days into the new year, my will power only teetered a little. I caved and purchased the  Dior Creme Abricot, my hands are taking a beating due to our harsh Canadian winters. Which I think is a completely justifiable reason, no? Here is a quick glance of my current makeup stash.
First on the chopping block are a couple of products that I have had for a while, that just keep on giving. We all have products that we have consistently used, that just won't die. By the time I have reached the last few drops, I get bored and want to move onto a brand new product. So these half-used, almost finished products just sit there collecting dust. But not this year, as part of my self imposed beauty band I am determine to finish of these products!

*Products first up on the chopping block*

First of the on list is my Burberry perfume: The Beat. I have had this for almost 2 year, it is a perfume I prefer to wear mostly during the winter season (which would account for why I still have it). I almost gave up on this and last month and tried to convince myself that the smell had broken down, so I can use my new winter perfume. But I convinced myself otherwise, if I am going to do this beauty band, I'm going to do it properly! Second on my list is my Shu Uemura face architect smoothing fluid foundation. It is basically done, but there is still a little product left at the bottom (I actually discovered quite a bit of product left once I removed the pump). But I can't get to that until I finish my Stila tinted moisturizer. I have had this more 2 years, it is on the verge of expiration, and have been using it daily for the last 3 months and this tube keeps on giving! I am determined to finish it by the end of Jan! Actually I have no choice but to finish it by Jan, the expiration date is marked as Jan 2012. Following suit are 2 skin care products that are also on their final legs: the Bioderma Sensibio light smoothing cream and the Nuxe toner.

I will keep you guys posted.


♥ Viv


No comments:

Post a Comment