Monday, 30 January 2012

Benefit's Stay Don't Stray...

Benefit's Stay Don't Stray, is definitely straying and not stay!
 
Is a FAIL for me! I recently finished up the Too Face shadow primer, which has so far become the top contender for my favorite shadow primer. Not much competition since I have only really tried the TF primer, dabbled with the Urban decay primer, and currently using the Benefit's stay don't stray one . Right now, I'm torn between tossing it or just finish it for the sake of not wasting a product.
I know some may say I can attribute these down falls to the fact that its a sample. But isn't that the whole point of a sample, to get you to fall in love with a product so you run to the closest Benefit counter?

Here are the main reasons why I won't be running to the closest Benefit counter for Stay Don't Stray primer:
  1. Crease city: I find that almost immediately I notice creases on my eyelids, isn't the whole point of a primer is to prevent that?
  2. Staying power: 0, two hours into my day, I noticed my shadow fading, by the end of my eight hour day, the shadow is long gone. (I have oily lids so I didn't even attempt to try a liner with this product with the fear of  ending up with raccoon eyes at work)
  3. I noticed that the color of the shadow is not as vibrant as it would be if I use my TF primer. Initially I thought it was just my eyes, but then I read a couple of comments from other people and they had the same complaint. So I am definitely not suffering some visual problem.
  4. Consistency: Have to say not a fan, I don't know how to describe it but runs a little to liquid for me.
Ideally I would illustrate my dislike for the Benefit's eye primer with a time line and pics of side by side comparison with the TF primer, I know that's what I would like to see in a product review. However I  still have to work out the logistics of that. Going to work with one eye that is more vibrant than the other is not ideal. Maybe on a weekend. I will keep you guys posted.

Should I toss it or keep it?

♥ Viv



No comments:

Post a Comment